Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It was a productive weekend in spite of the weather

Conditions at 5:20 am: 7' and overcast
Expected later: 20' with some sun and some isolated showers


It would have been nice to have some of these nice mild temperatures on the weekend, but unfortunately that was not the case. Although it was good for people working, such as those cutting wood.
Friday was a quiet evening. We had supper, BBQ steak and garlic mashed potatoes and salad with a lovely bottle of Australian Shiraz. After supper we went over to the Van Gaals to pick up the Sizzix for a project I planned to work on at work on Saturday. We had tea and muffins with Brenda, as Bernie was out at his firearms course, in preparation for a hunting trip he's taking in the fall to Newfoundland.


Saturday morning was cool and wet. In fact it poured rain on my way into town. I completed my project at work and it made the day go by very quickly.  At 2:00 I met Lloyd and Brenda at the Globe for the Saturday afternoon blues. Fortunately Bernie's course wrapped up much earlier that any of us had expected so was able to join us quite soon after. A great time was had by all - lots of food and a few drinks and some great music - what a great way to pass an otherwise dull Saturday afternoon.



A job well done 
While we were there, plans were made for Lloyd to join the boys on a bike trip to Sussex, NB on Sunday. When we got home Lloyd got his bike out only to discover the brakes were not working properly. Probably just as well as the license was expired, as was the insurance. But never fear, Bernie called at 7:00 on Sunday morning to advise he had a bike Lloyd could use. So off he went at 7:30, wrapped up like an Eskimo in multiple layers of clothing in an attempt to keep warm. It was quite chilly and promised to get up to 10' so they were optimistic. Around lunch time, I went over to Brenda's as it had warmed up a little bit and we got our bikes out and headed into town. I needed a couple of things at the grocery store so we went to Stratford, got what I needed, the stopped at Phinley's for a tea and a snack. The we made our way back home but by the time we got here, it was mighty cold. We did go up to the Anderson's when we got back but it didn't appear that anyone was home.We returned to Brenda's parked the bikes, and I went home, where I indulged in a nice warm bath, followed by a nap. I was just lounging around watching TV when Lloyd got home, around 8:00.  I was surprised that he found it not such a bad day weather wise and he really enjoyed himself and had a great day.


Monday morning was at least sunny. Still not very warm but at least it was more pleasant to be out if you were dressed for it. Lloyd continued cutting wood and I cut the grass - or at least
Good food, good friends, good times!


All in all, a great weekend in spite of the weather. 


(sorry but I'm having some technical difficulties this morning and the text is all messed up, but at least it's done and it's readable and I've run out of time to try and figure out what I've done wrong!)

1 comment:

  1. That was a totally delicious meal last night. Come back again soon Loyd.

    ReplyDelete