Monday, May 16, 2011

It's very relaxing when you have nothing pressing to do!




Conditions at 5:15 am: 4' and overcast
Expected later: what else - rain and 6'

I guess I should be grateful it was a cool, wet weekend as it meant I couldn't do any outside work. It really needs it but what can you do! So instead I made the most of it and had a totally relaxing weekend. I worked on Saturday and came home right after, as Benny was delivering the wood that day. He was here when I got home, the wood was unloaded and he was waiting for me. After I paid him and he left, I came inside, made myself some lunch and watched a bit of TV while I ate it. Then I sat down and did some weaving for a while when Brenda called and invited me over for lobster rolls for supper. What a treat! I had an hour until time to go so I managed to put together a small potato salad and I had a mandarin orange cake in the freezer so I took that out as well. I was ready to go just in time and had a lovely evening - great food and even greater company. Of course I had to call Lloyd and 'complain' that I was having lobster...... again - for the fourth time this week. He was not amused!  But he was going to have great fun telling the boys at the airport!  After supper Brenda showed me a picture of a cake Meghan(1) made for her friend who's getting married this summer. She did a beautiful job on it. Nice work, Meghan.

Sunday morning, guess what, it was cold and rainy again.  I slept in a little, and after having coffee, I sat down and did some more weaving. I really haven't had any stretches of time to sit down and work at it. While I worked away on that I turned on a TV program I'd taped the night before. It was a musician I'd never heard of in concert at the Royal Albert Hall in London. I really just taped it because Eric Clapton was going to be a guest. Well, let me tell you, this fellow was amazing. His name is Joe Bonamassa and he's a brilliant blues singer. I've never heard of him but he's great. I will be looking for some of his music. So it was great to listen to while I worked away at the loom. When that was over I put on the McCartney video I won off the Macca Radio site quite a while ago and still haven't watched. Another great bit of music to weave to!

Ready to come out of the oven
In between weaving I had a half a batch of bread on the go as well. I've not tried to do half before and it worked out very well. I ended up with 7 loaves for the weekend coming up. Lloyd will be happy as he had asked if I was going to make any before he got here.

When the bread was all done, it was time for a wee nap. What else are rainy Sunday afternoon's better suited for? Fortunately my friend Brenda called me and woke me up as I'd been asleep for a couple of hours. She was letting me know that the tulips down the road were now uncovered.


So, I got the dog and we went for a short ride down the road. Even though it was overcast and cool there were still cars there. I could see several people way down in the field and there was a van parked near the road. A woman was sitting in it and two little kids, about James and Meghan's ages, were walking up from the field with their arms full of tulips and the mother got out and opened the back of the van for them to put the flowers in and then she sent them out to get more. I couldn't believe it. Anyway, I took some pictures and I left. It really is quite the sight to see.
Tulips as far as the eye can see

After tulip viewing, I came home and spent the rest of the evening catching up on some programs I had recorded earlier in the week. Those opportunities are about to come to a screeching halt as just about everything I watch on a regular basis is having their season finale this week so the weather better warm up soon so I can work outside. That will be the end of quality TV until the fall.












1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures Sandy! I LOVE tulips, it's neat to see so many of them!
    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete