Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A happy coincidence


Conditions at 5:15 am: 3' and very foggy
Expected later: cloudy and 13'

One happy puppy
Well, what a difference in temperatures. When I got home on Monday afternoon, the temperature in the house was 57' F as I hadn't lit a fire in the morning. Poor Cooper was very grateful when I started a fire after getting home. Yesterday morning, he went out for a couple of minutes then
he was right back inside and lying in front of the wood stove. I made sure there was plenty of wood in it when I left  so he'd be warm for the day.  By the afternoon, the rain had stopped and it had warmed up a little bit and the sun actually came out.  Hopefully it will start really warming up soon and we won't need a fire quite so often. But I do find when it gets really rainy for days at a time the house gets damp and a fire helps dry things up and makes it comfy and cozy.

Yesterday afternoon I left the dealership around 4:30 to go out and pick something up at the sign shop. As I was turning onto Belvedere, there was a truck stopped at the light and the driver was waving at me. When I took a second look I realized it was Brenda. So I called her cell phone and asked what she was doing in town at that time of the day. Turns out she had come in for a hair cut and to run some errands. I suggested that if she was still in town at 5:30 perhaps we could meet somewhere for an appetizer and a beer. She thought that would be a wonderful idea so we met at the Globe and enjoyed some nachos and a beverage. What a great way to end a Tuesday workday!

I got a very cute email from Meghan(2) yesterday.

Hi grandma its me meghan. Today was my science fair at school. I chose Fight a Fire. Baking soda and vinegar make carbondioxide,wich replaces the o2 so fire can only burn with o2. So that is my project


I love the fact that she spelled words like 'vinegar' and 'carbondioxide' correctly and got 'which' wrong.I'm sure mom helped with the spelling and she probably only asked how to spell the trickier words. Well done Meg, I just learned something new. Now if I ever have a fire I know how to put it out with things I have in my own kitchen.


Only one more sleep till Lloyd gets here!


No comments:

Post a Comment