Thursday, May 5, 2011


Conditions at 5:15: 12' and overcast
Expected later: rain this afternoon and 16'

Yesterday turned out absolutely beautiful. It was so nice to just get up from my desk and go outside without having to stop and put on a jacket. We've waited a long time for a day like that. It gives us hope that more days like that are on the way.

Well, the plane is finally getting somewhere. I talked to Lloyd yesterday and the work they've done was reinspected and they can now go ahead and cover it and then put in the engine. The next inspection will be when it's ready to fly. He has hopes that it might be done by the end of the summer but his little plane is also ready to be flown and unfortunately if they get a nice day, they will all want to go flying, rather than staying inside and working on the other one. But I suppose if he brought the little one down here, that temptation would be taken away. He thinks he may consider flying the little one down in July sometime. He needs a stretch of good weather in order to do that.

I'm working away at getting the house in shape for guests. I'm just breaking it down into little jobs. Last night I cleaned the back porch and rearranged it a little and I also cleaned out the car, which also badly needed some attention. I'm optimistic I'll be done before Sunday so I can go out and play, since it's now supposed to be a fairly nice weekend.

Well, it's been a fairly quiet week and not much to write about so I'm off for today. Hopefully something interesting will happen today!

No comments:

Post a Comment