Friday, May 27, 2011

Sorry I missed it



Conditions at 5:30 am: 14' and breezy and clear
Expected later: 21' and sunny with rain expected later

Yesterday I received this email from Lloyd.


It is not often that I take a lunch break at work. I usually grab something on the run. Yesterday I received  a lunch invitation from a lovely young lady to a French restaurant with a New Orleans flair in Guelph, . How could I refuse. This worked out perfectly, as I was in Niagara Falls for the morning and the next service call was in Guelph. I arrived at 12:00 , greeted in French by my young server, and shown to my table. A few minutes later my lunch date arrived and she joined me at the table. I started with crevettes et saucisses gumbo, then jambalya avec des saucisses et des crevettes, and finally tarte à la patate douce, une beignet, une praliné, et un café. I had an absolutely wonderful time. Sorry you missed it.
Le Menu

Love you,

Lloyd

Lloyd's lunch date with their young server. Love the Hat!
I knew the Montessori School was doing a French Cafe but I had no idea the menu was so extensive. Patti had called me the day before because they were having trouble with the Pralines. She wondered if they hadn't cooked them long enough and I suggested that was the exact problem. She told me yesterday that after getting a candy thermometer and giving them a second try, they turned out perfectly. It sounds like a great time was had by all and I wish I could have been there.  I love the fact that the school does things like this that gives the kids a real opportunity to use the French that they're learning in a fun way and also exposes them to new foods and new experiences. Both James and Meghan love helping in the kitchen so I know they would have really enjoyed this one. As usual, James has added his own flair to the position of server. He's developing quite the sense of style for someone so young. He's willing to try quirky new things and not just mimic what everyone else is doing. It  looks like it was a very fun day and Patti sent me an email later telling me that everything turned out great and the kids really liked the Jambalaya so we'll have to make that the next time they come to visit. I suspect that Patti had a hand in planning the menu as we had been to a cooking school in New Orleans many years ago and they did a lot of these dishes there. Goes to show you just never know when a previous experience might come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment