Friday, June 3, 2011

Another slow news day


Conditions at 6:00 am: 12' and overcast
Expected later: 11' and rain for most of the day

Once again, not much to report, Yesterday was pretty uneventful at work, The weather was cool in the morning but it got really warm in the afternoon. I probably could have biked to work yesterday but it would have been a pretty chilly ride in the morning. Besides I stopped at the grocery store on the way home to pick up a couple of things, (although I suppose it would have all fit in  my new tail bag). Oh well, hopefully there will be lots of opportunities to bike to work.

The last of the pile of branches - up in smoke
After the grocery store I dropped in to Canadian Tire and picked up a gas powered trimmer.(Now that would have been an challenge with the bike). The rechargeable one we have really doesn't do a very good job and it runs out of juice before you can get the job finished. When I got home it was very calm so I decided to finish burning the rest of the pile of branches that were still hanging around from last year. Now that spot is nice and clear and hopefully something will grow back . While I sat outside monitoring the fire, I had a glass of wine and some cheese and crackers and read my book. I took a minute to check in with Brenda and by the time I went in it was pretty much time for bed.

One thing that was really nice yesterday is that in both the grocery store and Canadian Tire, I ran into people I knew. It's nice to have made some acquaintances that you can stop and have a chat with.

Well, I slept in a little later this morning so better get going. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can get out and do something on Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone. Maybe I'll get to those cookies I was going to do last night. I do get so easily distracted sometimes!


No comments:

Post a Comment