Thursday, June 2, 2011

It sure didn't feel like June 1st

 

Conditions at 6:00 am: overcast and 15'
Expected later: mix of sun and cloud and 20'

It was so cold yesterday morning that it was the only topic of conversation. It did finally warm up some but with the wind, you had a hard time knowing it was milder. It's still windy this morning but nothing like yesterday. It should be much nicer later today.  It was quite chilly in the house when I got home so I built a fire in the stove when I returned from Charmaine's. That pleased Cooper immensely.

Once again my little blog has solved a problem. It seems yesterday Brenda was trying to get hold of  Marlene to ensure she called me, but then when she read the blog she had her answer. Once again, a public service provided! There's really not much going on today so this will be short.

I received an email from our friend Zesty the other day and there's a cookie recipe in there that I want to try. It's a combination of sweet and salty, one that I really enjoy so I will try these, maybe tonight. I can always test them on the guys in the shop.


  • Zesty's Sweet & Salty Cookies
As you can guess from the title of the post I decided to share the Sweet & Salty morsels of goodness.  These fellas were delicious.  Packed with pretzels, m&m, smarties and a few potato chips… I could eat these all day.   Super easy to make and check out my packaging idea(s) – Mrs. Zesty really thinks I am a bit over the top sometimes. Ha!

Ingredients

  • 1 Cup unsalted butter
  • 3/4 Cup Granulated white sugar
  • 3/4 Cup Brown sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 Tsp.  Vanilla
  • 2 1/3 Cups All-purpose flour
  • 1 Tsp. Baking soda
  • 3/4 Tsp. Salt
  • 1 Cup chopped candy coated pieces
  • 1 Cup crushed or jumbled savoury snacks such as pretzels and potato chips

Method

  1. In a large bowl, beat butter, and both sugars until fluffy.
  2. Beat in eggs, one at a time; beat in vanilla
  3. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into butter mixture.
  4. Stir in candy and crumbled snacks.
  5. Drop balls onto parchment paper- lined baking sheets
  6. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes  rotating the pan halfway through.
  7. Makes about 30 cookies
  8. ENJOY!
Zesty Tip: Make these cookies ahead and store in an air tight container for up to 3 days.  Good luck having them last that long.
Alright, I hope you have a great start to the week and I really hope you give these cookies a try.  I think we can call this cookies…. “clean out your pantry with whatever goodies you have cookies”.  I will talk to you all on Wednesday for another sweet treat.
Take care
zesty

I'll let you know how they turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment