Thursday, June 16, 2011

A no news kind of day

 

Conditions at 5:30 am: 9' and overcast
Expected later: 13' with rain in the morning

It's been such a cool, damp spring that everyone is beginning to wonder if it's ever going to warm up. It has to soon. Yesterday when I got home from work the house was very cold and damp so I lit the wood stove and turned on the fireplace in the living room. After making something to eat, I sat down to read my book and before I knew it my eyes were slamming shut. When I checked the clock it was 9:20. Needless to say it was a totally relaxed/wasted evening. It started raining on my way home so working outside wasn't an option. It was the perfect night for curling up in front of the fire with a good book and I guess that's exactly what I did.

I went over to my previous employers at lunch to pick up my pay cheque and it's quite a different perspective after coming from my new place of work. I know the building I now work in is shiny and new but the other one is just so old and dingy. I chatted for a while with a few people and then left.

Before I went there, I had stopped in at Tip Top Car Wash on McAleer Drive. What an amazing place. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are ladies days so we get a discount off the already low price. It's regularly $20 but on ladies day it's $16 for us girls. They wash the outside of the car, by hand, vacuum the inside, clean the dash and the windows on the inside. And all of this takes about 15 minutes. I had called earlier to see if I needed an appointment and the lady told me you just come over and get in the line. She advised it's usually quite busy on sunny days but on cloudy days it's pretty quiet. There was no one there when I arrived so I  got in right away. I was totally impressed. And, if you go 8 times, you get a free one and they keep track of it for you. The people who own it are from Glenfinnan but I don't know their names. No doubt Brenda knows who they are.

Well, I brought Caitlin's resume in to the boss yesterday but he is undecided as to what to do about Saturdays. I suspect he will try it first and see if someone is needed on Saturday. I let him know that Caitlin was there waiting for me and he did come down and meet her and he told her he will let her know next week.  Unfortunately for her, the car wasn't ready yesterday so I gave her a lift home and I'll pick her up this morning. I was able to get the shuttle to pick her up yesterday afternoon but that might not always be the case. They don't have a driver in the afternoon, just one of the parts people goes out and picks up whom ever is out there. So they don't like her to be too long as she's away from the parts counter. The shuttling is not nearly as extensive as it was over at the other place. Over there it was on demand all day long and that's just not the norm.

Well, better go and get ready. I don't want to be late picking up my passenger!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I don't know who the owners are. You will have to get more info.

    ReplyDelete