Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Crisis averted!

Conditions at 5:20 am: 9' and overcast
Expected later: 15' and sunny with cloudy periods

Well, I narrowly missed a potential disaster this morning. I got out of bed and let the dog out as usual. I got the computer turned on and just happened to look out the front window in time to see a skunk scampering up the yard towards the side of the house.Thank goodness for invisible fencing that kept the dog contained in the back. I was able to get him back inside before he saw the skunk and started barking at it. I'm sure it would have been a repeat of last summers episode with a skunk but this one would have been much worse. Thank goodness, because I wouldn't have had time to deal with that mess this time of the day.

Yesterday I was looking at the schedule for the Small Halls Festival and thought it might be fun for Lloyd to take in a couple of shows. So, tomorrow night we are going to Orwell to hear David Weale and Roy Johnstone and then we are going to the finale on Sunday out in New London. Brenda and Bernie are going with us and if it's nice on Sunday, it would be a great bike ride. I'm glad that  he's going to see at least a bit of it. It's going to be a very busy few days coming up. I got an email yesterday from a lady I met driving the shuttle and we're going to drive up to St. Peter's to see her and her husband one evening next week.

I received a call from Brenda a little before 5:00 yesterday. She suggested we meet at the Globe for a beer and some nachos when I was done work. I thought that was a fine idea. As I made my way over to Queen Street I realized I hadn't been downtown since the last day I drove the shuttle so I'm totally out of touch with what's going on. When I was leaving to go home I noticed that the old Clover Farm grocery store is soon going to be reopening. I've forgotten the name but it also says 'tastings and everything olive'.  Now that's intriguing. I'll be watching that to see what it turns into.

They released the schedule for the royal couples visit and I was disappointed to see that the time they will be spending walking around in town will be on Monday. They arrive on Sunday but no idea when. I'm sure they won't give me the day off to go and see a prince. Too bad. But school will be finished so maybe my friend Brenda will be able to go in my place and tell me all about it.

I have the pictures of the kids on my desk at work. The one of Meghan is on a horse. One of the salesmen came by my desk and asked "Who's the little rider?" I told him who it was and it turns out he has 23 standardbred  horses that he races here and at Mohawk, so he knows the Guelph area quite well.  He also has a couple of saddle horses that his daughters ride. I'm always interested to hear what people do for their 'second' job.

Well, better run and get into the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment