Thursday, June 9, 2011

A very keen eye

 


Conditions at 5:30 am: 15' and overcast
Expected later: 21' but showers

Yesterday afternoon was really nice for a change - warm and sunny. It gave me the chance to cut some grass when I got home. I'm extremely happy to say I was also able to get the trimmer started. Thanks for the tips Bernie. He had suggested I hold the cord handle close to my body and then push down on the motor section and let gravity and the weight of the motor do the work rather than trying to pull the handle. By golly, it worked. I was just so happy. The grass around the sides of the house was at least a foot high and getting totally out of control.

Brenda and Meghan's keen eye noted that I indicated yesterday that we were having supper with Lesa and Charmaine on Friday night, but that is not the case. It's Saturday!  Good thing they mentioned that or it could have been very confusing to have some people show up on Friday (Brenda) and the rest showing up on Saturday. Just goes to show I really need to work on my proof reading skills - or at least use them. Most mornings I'm rushing to get done so don't always take the time to read back through.

In answer to Meghan's question, I will be doing reception duties at Toyota. There will be no shuttling involved. I will miss that part of it but let's just say it's time to move on. I've always been of the mind that if you aren't happy doing something, then find something else to do. Don't make everyone else's life miserable by complaining and I'm afraid that's what I was becoming. It's time to leave. Interestingly enough, I did email the owner on Monday night and advised that I have decided to leave and when my final day would be. I never received a response but Abbey did. It was very short and sweet - call Carol to fill in next week and post the ad right away. End of story. The ironic thing is one of the service advisers had an interview on Monday night at another dealership and he gave his notice yesterday. That's four staff leaving in the past 3 months - doesn't that tell you something?
Anyway, enough said. It was an interesting experience and I did learn some things about the car industry and that's likely what helped me get the job at Toyota. I also met some really great people as well.

I'm excited but also a little nervous. Changing jobs is always a bit stressful - meeting new people and learning a new set of duties - but I'm sure it will be fine.

Last night I was watching TV after I came inside and had supper and Brenda popped in. So we had a glass of wine, chatted about our day and then she left. When she was leaving I took the dog outside for a few minutes. It was a beautiful evening but there were a large number of June bugs buzzing around. It was the funniest thing to watch the dog leaping into the air to try to catch them. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any pictures of the leaping but it was pretty hilarious.






No comments:

Post a Comment