Friday, June 17, 2011

Rescued ....... again!


Conditions at 5:15 am: 8' and overcast
Expected later: 21' and a mix of sun and cloud - I can't wait to see that sunshine!

Well, yesterday afternoon was one of those days. I've only had maybe 3 of them in the last 2+ years. It was cold and cloudy and when I drove into the yard, I just sat in the car for about 5 minutes looking around me. I was feeling a little overwhelmed. The grass was so long, the wood is still waiting to get split and the weather sucked! So I came inside and just tried to forget it was there (not that this was the solution). Then about 7:00 I noticed a trick and trailer backing into the driveway. I thought at first it was someone just turning around but then the driver got out and it was my great friend Brenda. In the back of her trailer was her huge lawnmower. She advised that Bernie was on his way over to look at mine but in the meantime she would start with hers. Let me tell you, her machine is quite the beast. It is very fast, much wider and can spin around in circles. I headed over to Mount Stewart to get some gas and on my way I passed Bernie on a bike. He was on the ground under my mower when I got back with the gas.  He thinks the problem is the belt has gotten stretched a bit and that may be why it keeps coming off. He got it back on and if I don't cut the grass too short it seems to be okay for now. Lloyd will have to investigate further when he gets here. By the time we got mine up and running, Brenda had finished the front, the side and the immediate back yard and had started on the back field with the trees. I started out there as well and we flew through it. She had arrived at 7:00 and by 8:30 we had finished all the lawn and had a glass of wine in the house. Amazing. Once again, I  don't know what I would do without those people to come to my rescue. I really and truly appreciate it.

Tonight we are going to Indian River for the Festival of Small Halls. Brenda did suggest that was partly in her mind when she decided to come over and help with the grass. It also helped that the mower was already in the trailer and the trailer was already hooked up to the truck. Like I always say, timing is everything.  Because it's supposed to be nice today, I had planned on continuing with the push mower after work.

Well it's Friday and I've almost made it through my first week.It's interesting when people come in and they know me from Honda. First the Purolator driver came in and asked if I was in the wrong place, and then yesterday the shuttle driver from Hyundai came in. We chatted a bit and he said it was too bad, he would miss waving to me on the road. It's kind of like the motorcycles that wave to each other as they pass on the road, so do the shuttle drivers.

Time to go and get ready for work. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment