Friday, June 10, 2011

Oh wow - talk about poor timing



Conditions at 5:30 am: 10' and drizzle somewhere but not here
Expected later: Sun and cloud and a high of only 12'

It seems we get these nice days every so often just to tease us. Yesterday was really quite nice but now today is cooler again.

I opened up my email this morning and there it was - an opportunity I don't think I'll be able to take advantage of  because of timing. Jana forwarded the following and advised she was free on the 15th  - she'd received it from Kristi who suggested Jana should bring me down to New York with her...


Having trouble viewing this email? Click Here  Follow Us Click here to find out more! Click here to find out more!
Live Nation Concert Tickets
Just Added|This Week's Shows|Upcoming Shows|Venues
Featured
Paul McCartney Tickets
Paul McCartney
Fri, Jul 15
Yankee Stadium
On Sale Mon, 6/13, 11am



Unfortunately I'll only be a month into my new job so it's highly unlikely that  I'd be able to get the time off and  that's too bad because I'd love to go and see Kristi and go to the concert with them.
Talk about a disappointment!

But on the other hand, I heard something on the radio yesterday that confirmed I've made the right move. I was on my way to work and I heard the DJ talking about this little kid in Stratford who is raising funds for the Japan relief. It mentioned that the father of the child had called the radio station to inform them that our company had donated $1,000 to the child's efforts. That was very generous. On the other hand I was not able to get permission to organize a company team to put into the Relay for Life in support of one of our staff members who is currently  fighting cancer. That just seems wrong to me on so many levels. It's the little things like this, that really make me question the values of some people.  So I really felt good about my decision after I heard that.

Well, I spent so much time looking at email and stressing over the fact I can't go to New York to see Sir Paul, that I've used up my allotted computer time so I'd better get going. Have a great weekend everyone.


1 comment:

  1. Ahh But you can still come play with me.

    ReplyDelete