Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's finally done - for now


Conditions at 5:20 am: a chilly 6' and cloudy
Expected later: 17' and sun and cloud and maybe some showers

Needless to say, it's a little too chilly this morning to even contemplate taking the bike. I have to admit, I am somewhat of a fair weather biker - for good reason. Memories of driving through the rain and three degrees in the mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire are permanently etched in my brain. Not a great place to be 'saddle fluff'.

Last night I finally finished off the grass. All that's left to do is trim around the house but I forgot to plug in the trimmer in the morning to charge so I'll have to do that maybe tomorrow. Tonight I have an appointment with Charmaine for some much needed eyebrow waxing and hair trimming'

I received a nice phone call last night from Marlene asking if I'd received a letter in the mail regarding the members dinner at the Rec Centre. I pointed out that I wasn't a member but apparently that didn't matter. She was calling to see if I wanted Steak or Lobster for my dinner. I guess I'm officially invited. I asked her how I become a member and she advised I can just pay my $12.50 when I get there. I asked Brenda once what the membership entitled you to.  She told me it would give me the right to volunteer at weddings being held at the Rec Centre. Realistically it pays for the members dinner. Since I volunteer there anyway, it only seems right that I should become a member.

Not much to report this morning. Yesterday afternoon when I was driving home I put in a Queen CD and it always makes me think of James. The song, Under Pressure came on,  a duet with Queen and David Bowie and as I listened to it, I thought, what a amazing thing it would have been to see this performed live. So that got me thinking, I should check the internet when I get home and see if I can find it anywhere. Sure enough I did,

James - this one is for you! - and if Freddie were still alive I can so imagine the two of us in that crowd.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fpupBCL6TE


No comments:

Post a Comment