Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Quite a difference

 

Conditions at 5:30 am: 10' and partly cloudy
Expected later: 15' and the same clouds

I must say, there is a very big difference between the car dealership I'm working in this week than the one I worked in last week. Oh my gosh! This one has email, and voice mail, and all those things that most companies have been using for a number of years. But I shouldn't speak badly - it was an experience and I did come away with a bit of knowledge about car dealerships and that certainly made it easier to start at a new one. I'm already doing way more than I was doing before and I've only been there one day. But in all fairness, it does make a difference not driving the shuttle. I will miss that part of the job but there are so many other things that will make up for it. There's lots to learn but that's a good thing.

It rained pretty much all day yesterday so I stayed in at lunch. I'm planning to try to get out and do some walking at lunch time. I'm going to take a pair of running shoes and leave them at work so that I can just go whenever it's decent weather.

On Sunday when Brenda and I were out on our bikes, we met up at one of the lights on the by pass, with a group of Blue Knights from the island. The vests are not the same colour anymore. I was talking with one of the guys last year when Ralph was here for a rally, and they've moved to a deeper blue rather than the Robins Egg Blue. They are very nice but not quite as distinctive as the old ones were. You could see those ones coming a mile away. Perhaps that's why they changed.

When I was on my way home from Brenda's on Sunday, I noticed that the farm gate trailer has been moved from Goods and some machinery is up for sale. When I asked Brenda, she informed me that they are not farming this year. I was disappointed to hear that. I loved the fact that I could stop and pick up veggies on my way home for supper. I guess I'll just have to find somewhere else to get them. There seems to be a spot on the Bunbury Road that has some. They've had the field covered with white fabric type stuff for a while and now it's been removed to reveal a field full of something that looks like cabbages and other vegetables. There's a wagon set up in the middle of the field near the road so it looks like they may be selling some produce from there. That would be great.

I talked to Lloyd and to Brenda last night then went to bed early. I had been up really early yesterday morning and it caught up with me.  I woke up this morning at 3:00 but I was able to go back to sleep after a little while. I'm picking Caitlin up this morning so I'd best get going and get ready. Don't want to be late!


No comments:

Post a Comment