Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday. May 25th - another gorgeous day in store

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful and it looks like we should be in for more of the same today. Right now it's 9' with some clouds but we should reach a sunny 22' later this afternoon. Love it!
Yesterday at lunch, I was on a mission.  I had researched when to plant what and headed out to first pick up a hoe. While I was at Canadian Tire, I also picked up some plants. I have big tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, green peppers ( I think, the tag just says 'peppers'), and they also had some bean plants that are about 8' tall. I'm also going to plant some bean seeds but these will be ready a little sooner, perhaps.

I packed all my stuff up and headed over to Five Houses Road and I saw Ethan just walking up the hill. They were working on Richards field and getting them ready for planting so he suggested I wait till they're all done and it will be nice and ready to go. So I will wait a day or two more. I still have to pick up some seeds anyway, so it's better that I wait. That will also give me a little more time to get everything I need before I start planting.

Other than that it was an uneventful night. I came home and puttered around outside. I should have cut more grass but it was around 7:30 so I decided it was a little too late to get started..  I'll do some when I get home tonight, starting as soon as I get home. It's amazing how much I can get done in one evening if I start at it right away.

As the weekend approaches, my internet speeds decreaseing so I'm going to call it quits for this morning. Have a great weekend everyone. It should be a nice one here so hopefully we'll have some time to get out and enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment