Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday, May 9th - the rain has arrived

It's a milder 7' to start off the morning and should climb to 13' later but it's raining very lightly and will continue raining right up until the weekend. The good news (let's hope ) is that Sunday is looking like 16' and sunny. Maybe we just might get out for a little spin on our bikes - at least to the school parking lot for our annual re-training ride!

It was a lovely day yesterday  and I noticed on the way home that all the neighbours had cut their lawns. I really need to get mine done sometime soon (although the rain has fixed that for a few days). I still need to get the compressor out of the basement so Brenda's going to come over tonight and we'll see if the two of us can do it. I'm fairly certain that we can. The guys are just so busy since Bernie got back being as it's now official planting season, that it's not really first and foremost on their radar. But Brenda and I will give it our best shot first.

When I got home last night I dug out my bicycle. Unfortunately the tires are very low but I couldn't find the little hand pump that I know we own. It's around somewhere and I know as soon as I buy another one it will turn up. I picked up a shorter leash at the store yesterday because I want to see if Cooper will run along side the bike. So I attached it to the bike and just walked it out the lane and down the road a bit. He did really well at staying off to the side and keeping moving. I did get on the bike once on the way back just for a minute to see how that went. Unfortunately he thinks he needs to focus on the pedals going around and kept barking at them. I suppose that will pass once he gets used to it. Because of the tires I didn't ride for more than a few feet and I really wanted to see what he would do when you are pedaling. It just might work but it will need a little practice on both our parts first. It would be great if he can do this because he could get a really good workout and so could I. We live so close to the trails and I also have a rack for my car so I could take him and the bike anywhere I want. We'll see how it goes.

I did some searching online yesterday and found an article about Meghan, the girl from the restaurant. Her family will receive visitors at the St Peter’s United Church Friday May 11 from 4-6pm with a service to follow. A reception will be held at Cross Keys Bar and Grill following the service. It will be tight but I'll try to make it there before the service. I'll ask at work if I can leave a few minutes early so I can stop by the house and let the dog out, and still get there before 6:00. I doubt that will be a problem.







No comments:

Post a Comment