Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday, May 24th - so no rain after all

We waited, and prepared for rain, for the past two days, but it didn't happen. Now this morning is a sunny 6' and we're heading for an even sunnier 20' later. How great is that?  Tonight I plan to spend some time preparing my little garden patch. I may even pick up some seeds at lunch today. I was over there last night and put a couple of stakes and some string in, to stake out my territory but I don't think the boys will be planting there today so it's okay. I had planned to put it on the corner closest to the road but perhaps it should be a bit further back so it won't be quite so visible from the road. A totally unattended vegetable garden just might be appealing to passers by, but who knows. I'll re-think that today and decide when I arrive this afternoon, rake in hand and doused liberally with bug spray!

I had a chat with Lloyd last night. He's now experiencing what I had when I was leaving - a steady rush of lunches and dinners as everyone you know wants to have a chance to see you one more time before you leave. He's definitely excited about it and is busy making plans as there are some things he won't have after June 1st - like a cell phone, etc. Good thing I bought a car - at least he has a vehicle because that also went with the job.

I also had a 'chat' with Patti yesterday via Blackberry Messenger. Meghan is getting geared up for her dance recital and James is really excited about the ball tournament he's going to at Cooperstown Dreams Park. It looks like quite the place. He and his dad will be staying there and Patti and Tristen will be staying somewhere else close by. I'm sure Tristen will enjoy having his mom all to himself. Greg's mom is coming to Guelph to stay with Meghan and help her get ready for the recital. She doesn't live in Guelph anymore and is doing the same thing I did when I stayed with the kids - lots of lunch dates to catch up with everyone you haven't seen in a while.
Last years winning team - they're going to have
such a great time

Patti tells me James was checking out the ball park as they have stats with records that kids have broken each year. He was looking to see what records he could attempt to break and she pointed out that he might set the record for the smallest kid there - I don't think he was impressed with that. He might be small but they don't call him Speedy James for nothing!  It will be a great experience for the entire team - check it out.  http://www.cooperstowndreamspark.com/  It's a very American experience but those folks take their baseball VERY seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment