Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday, May 30th - the rains has arrived

It's a little balmier than yesterday morning, 6' with light rain - just what my little garden needs. I stopped by there on my way to work yesterday morning and uncovered the plants and all is well. Now the rain has finally come to give them a much needed drink. Although even without any watering yet, the cucumber plants have some new leaves on them so all is well. 
On my way past Richard and Daralens, I noticed that the Lupins in the ditch by their house are blooming. Very soon all the open green spaces such as ditches and un-tilled fields will be ablaze with colour. I love when they are in bloom. They're so pretty and such an iconic sight for PEI. 

We might be complaining that it's a bit chilly from time to time but I don't miss what Ontario has been experiencing recently. Yesterday morning I was listening to the Guelph radio station online at work and at 7:30 it was 24' with a humidex reading of 31' - and it's only May! I talked with Lloyd a little later and his only comment on the weather was "it's stinking hot"  He won't miss it either.

As the days count down, he's anxiously awaiting the time when he can leave Ontario and return to the east, as it was after all, his idea. Not that I'm complaining - I can't imagine living anywhere else now that I've been here for a while.  One of his co-workers retired a few months back and she and her husband built a house in Nova Scotia in the Annapolis Valley area. We look forward to having the opportunity to visit them once he gets here. I received a phone call from Sandra on Sunday and I haven't chatted with her in a very long time. It was nice to catch up a bit, although I did have to cut it short as I was on my way to pick up Brenda. But now we'll be able to get together from time to time. She has tried to email me several times and it always bounces back. She gave me her email address and when I tried to email her, it bounced back. I have no idea what's going on with that. I guess we'll have to communicate the old fashioned way - telephone or snail mail!



And finally, James has started his umpiring job (Fran will be so proud!)
Patti sent me this photo of him all ready for his 'first day on the job".  He looks so grown up and professional, although the shirt is a little big, but I suspect it was likely the smallest one they had and his skinny little body swims in it! Well done James.  

No comments:

Post a Comment