Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday, May 3 - I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it

It's a brisk -1' this morning and I broke down and lit the fire. It's a bit chilly in the house this morning although it should warm up a little this afternoon. We're heading for a sunny 9'.

Well, the bikers arrived home yesterday afternoon. I received a text message from Brenda advising that Bernie had a surprise for her as well. I asked what it was but she wouldn't say. After work, when I got home I spent a bit of time outside then went inside to make some Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and cut up some veggies. I planned to take them to work for lunch but I also intended to take some over to Brenda to take on her trip this morning to Nova Scotia. As I was cutting up veggies, she called and asked what I was doing. She suggested that I really needed to come over and see 'this',  I told her I planned to anyway and when she asked if I'd eaten supper yet, it all worked. She was just putting on potatoes and was cooking some fish so the timing was perfect. When I got finished chopping I headed over. I drove into the yard and didn't see anything too out of the ordinary. The truck and trailer were there, the bike was beside the trailer and all looked well. So I went inside. Brenda was busy in the kitchen and I started in helping. I heard footsteps coming from the living room and Bernie came around the corner into the kitchen.




Now that's one  dedicated Harley owner. Of course it's permanent - or at least until he shaves it off.  I can only imagine the looks he must have gotten on the rest of the trip.  I suppose that's one of the advantages of a white beard - you can easily change it to any colour.

He also bought another motorcycle while he was down there - a bright red Indian.  It's quite a nice looking bike, but we don't know how long it will take for it to get here.

After we had supper we all collected around the computer to view the pictures he had taken. It looks like they had quite a trip. Being later in the year, more things were open along historic Route 66, than when we were there a few years ago. There also wasn't any snow in the Grand Canyon, either. Although they did drive through some mountains and there was considerable snow along the sides of the roads, although the roads themselves appeared to be clear and dry. But I can only imagine how cold it must have been. They made it all the way to the California border, crossed over, took a photo, then turned around and headed for home.  By all accounts they appear to have had a great time.

Last night Lloyd was going to dine at a restaurant in Toronto that he's been whining about now for a while. So he invited someone from work and they were going last night. I expect to hear all about it later today. I would have liked to join him but I did remind him that we have to put up with eating fresh from the sea lobster every night of the week for the next two months (of course, only if we choose) .  It's a tough life but we are a hearty bunch down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment