Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday, May 10th - day two of the rain

It's a rainy but very mild 12' this morning. We should reach 16' this afternoon but the rain will continue on until this evening when it will clear and we expect a sunny 17' tomorrow. Looking forward to that. If the weather channel is right, we should have a little cooler Saturday but Sunday should be sunny and very mild - a perfect day to go out for our first ride of the season! What better way to spend Mother's Day.

Last night Brenda came over and we wrestled the compressor out of the basement. It's quite heavy and it wasn't an easy task, especially on those wonky stairs leading up to the outside, but we made it. So now it's in the shed and I just have to plug it in and make sure I can get it to work. If it's not raining too much tonight, I'll do that when I get home. I'm figuring I should be able to cut the lawn on Saturday afternoon when I get home from work. I noticed the other day that all the neighbours have cut theirs and if I don't do it soon, I might get voted off the island!

Once we got inside, we had a glass of wine and I tried out a new recipe for hummus.  It seemed quite garlicky when it was first made but it's much better this morning. I've been doing really well with eating this week. I'm taking veggies and hummus to work every day for my lunch, and having a big bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Weekends seem to always be a problem but we'll keep on trying.  I have found a couple of other recipes for low fat, low calorie dips that I want to try and if I like them, I'll add them to the recipe blog. As promised click here for the recipe for the Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment