Friday, May 11, 2012

Wednesday, May 11th - I can tell the weekend is approaching

It's a balmy 11' this morning with a light layer of cloud but the sun rising out my kitchen window  is quickly burning those clouds away. It looks like it might turn out to be a nice day, as planned. So nice in fact, that I should ride my bike to work but it's at Brenda's so that's not an option. Besides we haven't been out for our refresher ride yet and we really need to do that first. Hopefully Sunday will be a nice as they've been promising all week.

I can tell Friday is here as my internet connection is virtually non-existent over the weekend and this morning it's taken forever for the basics to load. They say it's due to our position at a distance from the demarcation points but it's odd that it seems to work not too badly during the week but come the weekend, I have nothing (or at least so little that it's just too frustrating to do anything online). They say it will eventually get better but I'm not holding my breathe.

It rained for a large part of the morning yesterday, although it did clear up in the afternoon, but clouded over again mid way through the day. I was lucky enough to get all the way home, get out the extension cord and plug in the compressor to make sure it worked (it did) and then get back into the house before the skies once again opened up and the wind really picked up. It was quite a blustery evening, to say the least.  But this morning all is well - the sun is peeking through and the wind has died down to a light breeze (in other words, normal).

After making  myself some supper last night I actually did a little scrapbooking. My internet was too slow to attempt to watch anything online so I made the best of the evening. In other words, a pretty uneventful night. Today after work I'll go up to St. Peter's to the service for the girl who was killed in the car crash last Saturday. I've not heard anything yet about when the restaurant will re-open. I suppose there might be some staffing issues as Meghan was a large part of the serving staff. I would imagine they might try to re-open this weekend at it is Mother's Day so they were expecting it to be busy. I'll have to wait and see.

Saturday afternoon, after work will definitely be earmarked for grass cutting. It's starting to look a little too shaggy. It will be good to get it done but it just signals the beginning of a summer long project.I actually enjoy it once I get out there but it's the challenge of having good weather when I have the time to do it that is the problem. Oh well, hopefully Lloyd will be here within the month and that will take some of the pressure off.  He leaves this Saturday with some friends for a golf week in Williamsburg, Virginia ( I think)  and by the time he gets back he'll only have another week or so to work. The clock is quickly ticking.....

No comments:

Post a Comment