Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday, May 4th - One more sleep to showtime

It's a balmy 5' this morning and we should reach a sunny 12' later. Yesterday was mild enough but the wind was from the north and was quite chilly so it looked much nicer than it really was. I had an uneventful day yesterday although the highlight was a lengthy chat with Patti while I was at lunch. It was good to catch up a bit. I also chatted with my friend Donna, who's still not been released from the hospital but hopefully that will be soon. Her birthday is on Sunday and there's a get together for her at the Lorne Valley Community Centre from 2:00 till 4:00 so I'm going to go for a bit after work. I'll see if Brenda is interested in going with me. She'll know many more people there than I will. I picked up some things yesterday to assemble a gift basket for her. All I need to do today is pick up a bottle of wine to go in it, then  wrap it in basket wrap and call it done.

Yesterday Lloyd emailed me the pictures from his meal at Ruby Wachco's in Toronto. He called me later and said it was probably the best meal he's ever eaten. That's pretty high praise, as we've had some very nice dinners in some pretty fancy places.   The next time we're both in Toronto we'll have to try it. Apparently he as some pictures on facebook as well, but I don't do facebook so hence the emailed version.

I forgot to mention a few days ago, how very lucky I was. The fellow at work who got married in China last summer, brought me in some fresh made Chinese dumplings that Willow had made. Anyone who knows me is well is aware that they are probably my favorite food and these were divine. She says she will teach me how to make them. I know they're a lot of work but they freeze well and the fresh ones are absolutely wonderful (at least I think so!) Can't wait for that lesson.

I found out yesterday that Katy reads the blog on a regular basis.  I got this one from her:

What's in a name?
      Do you remember the famous Olympic skier Picabo Street (pronounced Pee-Ka-Boo) Well, Picabo is not just an athlete. She is now a nurse currently working at an Intensive Care Unit of a large metropolitan hospital. She is not permitted to answer the hospital telephones any longer. It caused too much confusion when she would answer the phone and say, Picabo, I.C.U.

      A good clean joke is hard to find these days - pass it on!



 I emailed her back to let her know I like it and I got this response back - I'm pleased that she's keeping in touch by reading sometimes:

Hi Sandy; I maybe made you laugh at the morning chuckle but I laughed so loud this morning at Bernie's  beard that I woke up our dog and cat both at the same time.


So thank you Bernie, for being so entertaining!


Tonight the final push to tidy the house will be on because the TV person will be here at 10:00 tomorrow morning, so wish me luck! I'll let you know on Monday how it went.


No comments:

Post a Comment