Wednesday, April 21, 2010

And the party continues..



It seems like a non-stop round of events. As Brenda said last night, we've gotten a whole winters worth of entertainment in one extended weekend. Last night we went to Georgetown to see "The Men of the Deeps", a mens choral group comprised of Cape Breton coal miners. It was great. In spite of being quite tired by the end of the day, I really enjoyed the show. It was wonderful to hear some familiar songs and some original compositions by members of the group. I didn't know that they were formed in 1966 as a centennial project for Canada's 100th birthday in 1967. And there are still some members who have been there since the beginning. They must have been quite young to have been there so long. One of the criteria to join the group is you must have worked underground for at minimum of two years. Perhaps that's why the music is so heartfelt - they are singing from personal experience.

I was very stuffed up all evening for some reason, and I'm sure I must have drove everyone around me crazy by constantly sniffling and blowing my nose. I think I may need to change decongestants, as apparently the one I normally take isn't very effective anymore. So my apologies to all of those who were seated near me. The folks in the seats in front of us didn't return after the intermission, so I hope I didn't drive them away!

Well, spring is truly here. This morning the first cruise ship of the season was just chugging into port. And of course the sun is shining on the water as I crossed the Hillsborough bridge and we're headed for a high of 8. Jana missed it by one day! But hopefully she will come back again. I really enjoyed her being here and the three of us had such a good time on Monday night. We always got along well, but now the dynamics of our relationship has changed - she is no longer my employer and I am no longer an employee. That completely changes things. We can both behave as silly as we want and it doesn't matter - there's no professional connection anymore. We talked a little about maybe meeting in Ottawa for Bluesfest - I think that would be a blast.

I got a call from Lloyd on Friday morning to let me know that he got to South Africa. Now all we have to do is get him home. Patti is concerned that the delays may go on a long time and that when they do resume, it will take forever for him to get home. We'll just have to wait and see. She is fearful he may not be back in time to go to Phoenix. I suggested to her that the resort is booked and I think the car may be as well. I can still go. Her response was, well you could stop by and pick up a couple of kids on your way by. There's always a solution to any problem! I suppose getting stuck in a vacation destination isn't that bad a deal. It could be worse - he could have got stuck in Frankfurt!


A big thanks to the two ladies who left comments on my last post. It's great to read back and get feedback. I love that. My apologies for being late this morning but I forgot to bring my laptop inside last night and left it in the car. Unfortunately I ran out of battery before I finished. I'm staying home tonight, (for a change) so it shouldn't be an issue tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wondering what the delay was . Thought the partying was finally catgching up to you and you slept in this morning I did. Now outide to do some yardwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also wondering what the delay was... my routine of drinking my morning coffee after just getting to work and reading your blog was a little off today... but I was able to pick it back up with my afternoon coffee! Thanks again for the "life on PEI" update. Aren't the cruise ships so nice to watch come in? I always like seeing them there!

    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete