Friday, April 2, 2010

Okay, where's the sun???

It's 7:30 on Good Friday morning and I'm anxious to get outside and do some work but it's foggy and wet. It's not raining but it certainly looks like it has been. I'm expecting that any minute the sun is going to come streaming through the fog and burn it all off. They promised us a nice weekend and we really want it! Southern Ontario can't hog all the nice weather to itself!!!
But it's a good time to sit down, say hello to everyone and have a coffee.
Yesterday I found out just before we finished work that we also get Monday off. I had no idea. Someone mentioned it at the store the other day but I forgot to check. I've never in my working life had a four day holiday weekend at Easter. How great is that! What a wonderful discovery at the end of the day.

A few months ago, in one of our team meetings, it was suggested (by our boss) that we get together at 4:00 on payday for a drink at The Wave. I personally thought this was a great way to start off the weekend (especially since we normally work till 4:30). But we've never done it. So, on Monday I sent out an email, referring everyone to Tracey's previous suggestion and asked if anyone was interested in going yesterday to kick off the long weekend. Well, it just needed someone to jump start the idea. Everyone came. Only three replied to my email, but everyone showed up. We didn't stay much more than 45 minutes but it was a nice way to end the week. I think I'll send out the same email next pay day. It may not get me a full time job but they WILL remember me. (The coffee cake at the meeting didn't hurt either!)

When I got home last night, it was so nice out I didn't want to go inside, so I changed into yard clothes and started pulling junk out of the side yard. Our front yard on the north side of the lot has been left unattended for many years. There are cut logs in there, lots of brush, and the trees are like the ones beside the driveway were last year. They are the same Linden trees and the branches come down all the way to the ground. So I am going to try to get all the branches trimmed, and the brush and logs pulled out. I worked on it for about an hour last night and got quite a bit done. There is still lots to do, so I am waiting for it to warm up slightly before I go out and start again (the radio just told me it's only 3 degrees right now).
Some of the logs in there are 4 to 5 feet long, and they are all rotted and soaked. So they will need a bit of drying out before I'll be able to burn them in my fire pit. It feels so nice to be able to get outside and work. The trees by the driveway also have lots a lot of small branches over the winter and they need to be picked up as well.

The first picture is before I started and this picture is what I've taken out so far. I'll update tomorrow on what it looks like when I'm done. My goal is to finish that part of the yard today.

A big good morning to Brenda and Bernie, who will be reading this in Toronto at Meghan's. Hope you had an uneventful trip!

3 comments:

  1. I hate this comment thing again I have lost a long comment and since \I am a 2 finger typist it is really pissing me Off. Now to Piss you off It is a beautiful warm day here in TO. Hopefully the fog is gone by now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'll keep going. Meghan just came into her apartment. Her and bernie are down stairs changing her battery. What are Dads for? Anyway she has her old clothes on which includes an old PEI Beach Co. sweatshirt. Anyway sh met someone on the elevator who notived her shirt asked her if she went to UPEI he said no but that she was from PEI so off course he asked wear and she said Outside Charlottetown and he replied thats where he lived too. So she said Fort Augustus and he said that is where he went to school. He is from Mermaid and he has lived here for 4 years Wow. "How weird is that?" Anyway we had a good trip and enjoying spending time with Meghan

    ReplyDelete