Tuesday, April 6, 2010

An exercise in frustration!

I've been sitting here for 20 minutes having problems with my computer. The mouse works but only on some things. So I tried the mouse pad - same thing. Some things work, some don't. I could open my blog, but couldn't sign in. I was just about the call Lloyd to pick his brain, and then I thought, the first thing he's going to ask is if I turned it off and then turned it back on again. Duh! So of course, after doing that, the thing works. You would think after having that same question asked multiple times, I would think to do that first! I hate it when he's always right.

Anyway, I'm back. It was a great weekend weather wise. Yesterday was yet again another beautiful day. I cleaned out my sun porch, finally, and what a great space it is. It was quite windy early in the morning and a little chilly, but the sun streaming in those side windows was glorious. So, I brought my little patio table inside and sat out there to drink my morning coffee. I may have to just leave it that way. I opened the door at the front of the porch and you can see the river so I had sun and a great view! I think I might eventually paint it white in there. The wood is pretty beat up and old, and needs a face lift. If I painted it white, then I could put up some pretty floral curtains and it would be a lovely space, especially in the spring and fall, when you want to sit outside, but it's just too chilly, or there are too many bugs!
I may be on to something here.

I was talking to Will Van Gaal yesterday, and I have two words for his sister Meghan - EAR PLUGS! I understand she had to resort to sleeping in the bathroom to escape the music of her father's snoring. Welcome to my world! I share your pain. I can recall sleeping in a bathtub in San Francisco, as there was no where else to go. Lloyd always snores, and I've worn ear plugs to bed for years. But I recommend the pink ones. They are contoured to fit inside your ear better. The cylindrical yellow ones are not so comfortable to wear all night long. Trust me, I know my ear plugs!

I went over to visit with Bernice Kelly last night. She is an interesting lady. She knows the history of my house so well, and she has some interesting stories to tell. I haven't seen her since Christmas and she stopped by one day when Patti and the kids were here but we weren't home. She dropped off some baby spider plants, and now that they've rooted, I have them in pots. Hopefully they will grow.

I finished the borders on my quilt on Sunday. I spent the entire afternoon working on it. Now I just have the binding around the outside to finish, and some hand sewing on the back. The hand sewing I will finish on week nights when I'm watching TV. Then I will finish the binding and call it done!

Well, my time is up for this morning, so I'm off to work. It's going to be another nice day today, although maybe cloudy this morning, but it's supposed to get up to around 14 or 15. Not too bad for the beginning of April!

Brenda and Bernie get back today, so I look forward to hearing all about their trip! I'm sure they'll be glad to get home.

Welcome home !

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips Sandy! I think I will have to look into the ear plugs next time.

    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete