Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A hugely successful day!

Yesterday was our Administrative Professionals Workshop and it was a huge success! We had 60 guests and 4 vendors. We received 48 evaluations back at the end of the day and to say that our guests were happy with their day is an understatement. Everyone loved the speakers, the food, the venue, and the vendors. There were a couple of comments regarding room temperature, parking but those are things that were out of our control but even then some thought parking and was a problem while some liked the location for the parking. Just goes to show that you can't please everyone, but for the most part, it was a great day.

The vendors all spoke to me before they left - they felt they had done well, they had made good contacts and all asked to be sure and invite them back again next year. That speaks volumes, I think.

Our speakers did an amazing job. Everyone loved Rosita, Gretha got great reviews as did Chris. All in all, I think the PEI chapter can give itself a big pat on the back for a job well done!

Now it's back to work for three days then off again to Tucson. It's going to be a busy week as I know both Rosie and Tracey have projects lined up for me that are fairly time sensitive.

Last night Brenda and went for a walk. We went out Dromore Road to Old Bob Laird Road, down to Joey's Road and back up to my place. It took about an hour and 20 minutes. Not bad for early in our efforts. I likely won't be walking at lunch this week as I have too much to do, so I usually just eat at my desk.

We had such a nice day out on the river the other day, it will be nice once I get back as it might be a little warmer. It will be surprising how much change there will be in 10 days here at this time of year. When I get back, the buds will be out more on the trees and the grass will likely need to be cut by then!

Tonight I have to remember to call to order the wood. I'll have to check with Brenda to see if the road restrictions are lifted yet. In spring when the roads are too soft, trucks are not allowed on them but I haven't heard yet if it's okay. I'm sure Bennet will know.


I was commenting to Brenda last night, that it's a little ironic that this Friday is the one year anniversary of owning the house, and I'm headed back to Guelph. I should be having a party here! I guess we'll just have to celebrate in Ontario. But I'll be the only one with anything to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment