Friday, April 23, 2010

Another fabulous Friday!

Can you believe it? It's sunny again this morning and the temperature is going up to 14 today. The sun has shone almost non-stop since Jana left. It's hard to be frustrated with the sun, but the timing sure sucked last weekend! This one is supposed to be better. I hope to get outside and do some more work out there. I do have to come into town on Saturday and seek out some straw hats. There are four of us going to Regina and I suggested that we all wear "Anne" hats. One girl is all for it, but the other two suggest they may need some alcohol first. I reminded them that they'll be part of the Grand River Chapter out there so that shouldn't be a problem. I have to find 4 hats, all the same and then pick up some yarn to make the hair. I'll glue it on with the glue gun and see how it looks. If we're not careful, this could turn into a party!

I got a really nice email from Jana yesterday. I would love to have been there to see the look on Kay and Mike and Jackie's faces when she told them where she spent the weekend. None of them had any idea where she was.

"I occasionally sit back for a bit and remember the relaxing down-time I had with you on Sunday and Monday. I think about the peaceful way of the Island and understand why it drew you there.

And a huge THANK YOU to you for having me! It was so great to see you and see your new surroundings. You sure do fit in! And I said this to Mike , Kay & Jackie, that you are “at home” in PEI ."


I love the fact that she gets it. She understands why I'm here and why I love it so much. I know this quiet way of life(although you couldn't call the last week quiet) isn't for everyone, but it sure works for me.
She says she mentioned Fall Flavours to Scott and he thought it would be fun. So, we may see them again before the year is up! That would be great.

Things at work are very busy right now, leading up to convocation. I will be away for that week, unfortunately, as I had booked the holiday when I thought I was going to be done at the end of April. With any luck, I'll have the chance to experience it next year.

I had a nice email chat yesterday with the fellow who manages facilities. He plays fiddle at the Old Triangle on Sunday afternoons. He was suggesting that we come out more to hear them play, but I told him Sunday afternoons just don't work for me. If the weather is good I'm going to be out doing something like riding my bicycle or in my kayak. He reminded me that they also play on Monday nights at the BIS hall. SO that may be something we need to explore some Monday evening.

It's Friday Feast day today so I will have to call Brenda when I get to work and see what we're doing this week, if time permits for them. I know they are gearing up to plant crops and I'm sure when the weather is going to be this nice, they are going to take full advantage of it.

Other than that, nothing major going on this weekend, although I do need to think about getting some summer clothes out as I leave on vacation one week from today.
Oh my gosh, I just looked at the weather network for Tuscon, and it's going to be 19 degrees and raining today but then the sun comes out and by Monday it will be 30 degrees. Guess I'd better get some shorts out of winter storage! It's going to be quite a shock to my system, that hasn't been exposed to those kinds of temperatures for quite a while.

Late breaking news:
Brenda just called to tell me that Jana made the paper. There's an article in the paper today about the Jesse Cook show and it mentions "the woman who flew all the way in from Toronto" so I will have to get that one for her and send it.

And as for Friday Feast, Brenda reminded me that she has a quite a few lobsters in the freezer left from last year and in one more week it will be lobster season again. So it will be lobster sandwiches for supper tonight! I can't wait. We just have to do what we have to do.

1 comment:

  1. I like the reactions feature, it's "cool"!
    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete