Monday, April 26, 2010

Another great weekend!

It's Monday morning and all is well with the world! Lloyd made it home, on schedule, which totally surprised everyone. It seems that one of the advantages of all the delays is that some of the folks who were booked on his flight still hadn't gotten to Frankfurt, leaving open seats for stand by's.
He and Jan had a wonderful time by the sounds of things. I'm still waiting for him to email some photos so I can share them here.

Friday feast was fit for a king! Lobster sandwiches on freshly baked home made buns - does it get any better than that??? I don't think so. Followed by freshly baked chocolate chip oatmeal cookies,it was truly a feast! What a great way to end the week. Saturday was pretty relaxed, I went into town in the morning and did a couple of errands, then back home. It was sunny and mild, a perfect day to spend a bit of time outside raking up the tiny branches that have fallen off the trees. I also replenished my wood supply inside, and I now have all the wood brought in. The pile outside is gone. So I'm being a bit more selective about when I light the fire. I remember last year that May was quite chilly at times and it would have been great to be able to put on a fire to take the chill off.

Saturday evening I went over to Brenda's and we went for a walk to the back of their fields. It's 1 1/4 miles to the back and a little way across to the road, then back so we probably walked close to 3 miles in total. We took the dog with us and he had a great time. We stopped at her house after for a bit of cheese and crackers, washed down with a little white wine. Cooper had a nap in the car - he was tired after running around outside all day and then our long walk.

Sunday morning dawned beautifully. The sun was shining and it was warm quite early. So time to get out the kayaks! We headed out to Johnson's River. It was so nice to be able to get back out again.

I did take some pictures but forgot to bring my camera with me this morning. I left the house at 6:30 so I could get some coffee before I head over to the Rodd Charlottetown. We have our admin day today. Yesterday afternoon we all got together to set up the room and fill the goody bags. Rosita came down and helped us, then we all went out to Gahan House for supper. By the time we were done there it was after 7:00.

I picked up some new decongestants yesterday and the pharmacist told me that some of the manufacturers had changed their formulas and were using a different active ingredient that isn't as strong. That would probably explain why what I've used for a long time no longer is so effective. So she suggested something else and we'll see how that works. This stuffed up thing is really starting to get annoying - both for me and everyone around me. It will be interesting to see how I am in Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment