Friday, April 16, 2010

You've got to be kidding me!


Those were Patti's exact words when I talked to her yesterday. She had heard about the volcanic eruption in Iceland that had grounded flights all over Europe. She said "I think this family's cursed. Whenever we try to fly somewhere, weird things happen."
Yesterday (Thursday) she was able to confirm that the airport in Frankfurt was not yet affected. But this morning the news reported that there were no flights with Air Canada to London, Paris or Frankfurt. I read on a news report that Frankfurt had been shut down this morning. I'm hoping that may just be because Frankfurt is a hub and hundreds of flights leave from there to other European destinations. I haven't heard from Lloyd so I'm going on the assumption that he got out of there okay. On the other hand, I did tell him to let me know when he got there, so hopefully they are still in transit. I know they had a 4 hour drive from the airport to the resort. I'm running on the premise that no news is good news. I think if he was still sitting in the airport in Frankfurt, I'd have heard from him by now.

The up side is that they are both licensed pilots so if they do get grounded, at least they understand the reasoning behind it.

This promises to be another busy weekend. We have our pay day Friday drinks right after work, then it's off to the Rec Centre in Fort Augustus for a BBQ. It's for the volunteers who help out with functions. I kind of feel a little guilty going, as I've only volunteered a few times, but I think I'll be able to make up for that this summer. Then we are meeting at the Rec Centre tomorrow morning to set up for Dave's party. I have some shopping and baking to do for that one. Then Jana is arriving on Sunday afternoon.

I certainly can't say that I've ever been bored since I got here. Most weekends are busy and if nothing is going on, I have lots to do around the house to occupy my time. That was one of the things that I was a little worried about before I got here but that's certainly not been the case.

Well, I'm keeping it short and sweet this morning - lots to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment