Thursday, April 8, 2010

Yay, the sun is back!

It's not going to be that warm today, but the sun was shining on the water as I crossed the Hillsborough Bridge this morning, and it's about 7 degrees, so it's still pretty good for this time of year. Last night it was raining when I left work, and rained for most of the evening, but it had stopped by this morning. But the house was damp and chilly so I lit the fire in the wood stove. It had been out since Friday.

I'm going to have to find things to do in the evenings pretty soon. The TV season is coming to a close on lots of the shows I typically make an effort to watch, and we'll soon be in to all re-runs. But then once it's daylight really late, we may be able to get some kayaking in during the early evenings. Now that I'm not working the afternoons at the golf course, it will free up more time. Of course once it's warmer and I can plant some flowers and a little garden, I will have lots to do when I get home.

I'm going to need to rent a roto-tiller to plow things up but maybe I'll wait and do that when Lloyd is here the long weekend in May to help me with it. I can do the tilling, it's just the pick up and taking back in the truck I might have difficulty with. He wants to cut wood while he's here that weekend so I'll need to get that ordered soon. I remember last year it took a while to get it delivered, so I now know to allow lots of time.

I can hardly believe it's Thursday already. Next weekend Jana arrives on Saturday. I'm going to see if I can get Monday the 19th off. It shouldn't be a problem. Tracey is pretty good about these things. As long as there's someone there to cover the phone it's usually fine. Kim is not leaving on her holidays until later in the week, and my student, Brandi, starts full time for the summer that day, so we are well covered. I'm not sure what we are going to do while she's here as most things will still be closed, but I think we'll go up to Cavendish and look around, and if the weather is nice, I can show her some of our great beaches. There may be a trip to a pub or two, who knows. Of course we will have to have some Cows ice cream. I'll see what else Brenda suggests for touring around.

Then the following weekend Brenda and I are going to Halifax for the weekend to the Saltscapes Expo. Which reminds me, I was supposed to email George Brandy's wife, Ineke, before we go. I will do that this morning. I just found her card in my wallet that she gave me at Frank's funeral.

We haven't done a Friday Feast in quite a while, so I will have to consult with Brenda today and see what we're doing. I have an idea that might work, but it will require some of her biscuits !

No comments:

Post a Comment