Thursday, April 22, 2010

My apologies again this morning!

First, I must apologize for again being late. I have a meeting this morning downtown at 9:00 so am late getting to Timothy's. As some of you will see by reading the comments posted yesterday. I've thrown some people's mornings off by varying my routine. Gosh, this is just like in the real journalism world, I have a deadline to reach! Just kidding, but it really pleases me that some folks out there are looking forward to reading my drivel.

I just had a look at yesterdays and since I wrote it in two segments, but didn't take the time to read through it at the end, I realize I told you about the cruise ships twice. No, I wasn't on drugs when I wrote it but I can understand why you might think I was. I've since gone in and fixed it. Just goes to prove, you should never hit "send" without being sure of what you're sending.

Finally a quiet evening. Brenda tells me that at supper last night Bernie asked her "So, what are you and Sandy doing tonight?" Surprise, surprise, we went for a walk. It turned out to be a lovely day, sunny and no wind. So after supper she came over to my place and we went for a walk on Dromore Road. Good choice as I think we saw two cars the entire time. Two girls at work are walking at lunch and I'm meant to be joining them but I was working on something yesterday that couldn't wait so I wasn't able to go. Hopefully I can today. We can catch the trail in behind the University and take it right up to the mall. The return trip takes 30 minutes but I suspect after a few weeks, it will be even quicker.

This morning I measured the distance from my house to Brenda's and it was 7.8 km to the end of her driveway. She did well to do that in an hour and a half, in the rain. I have some serious training to do to catch up with her.

We are busy getting ready for our administrative assistants day on Monday. I'm meeting with one of the speakers this morning and I've confirmed numbers and such with the hotel. We'll be going in on Sunday afternoon to set up the room and put the goody bags together. Hopefully all will go well. I will try to come into town early on Monday morning and have my coffee before I head over to the hotel at 7:00. Can't let down my loyal followers! That's what gets me out of bed on a bad morning, so thank you for being there for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment