Sunday, April 4, 2010

Now this is more like it!


Okay, it's not quite like southern Ontario, but the sun is shining first thing this morning. What a difference it makes to your day! Yesterday morning was more of the same fog and not quite drizzle but a fine mist. Good thing I had to be inside at my class yesterday. But the sun did come out and it got up to 19 degrees . Today is supposed to be 20. It is a little breezy, but not as much as yesterday morning was.
My yard work isn't going as well as I'd hoped. It's progressing slowly. Part of the problem is I keep finding other things to do.
When I went to my class yesterday, it was just to get instructions on where to go next with my new project, so I didn't actually do any sewing. Then when I got home I made up my mind that I need to finish the first project before I can start in again on the second one. So I got out all my sewing stuff and worked on the borders. They are almost just as much work as the body of the thing. I have the bottom done, only three more sides yet to go. But then I'm machine quilting it as I go so when the last border is on, it will be done, other than the binding that goes around the outside. I'll get back to that again later but for now I'm sitting outside at the picnic table with my coffee watching my bonfire, take care of some of the pile of branches I have to dispose of. I did that on Friday night too, and it was nice to have the first bonfire of the year! While I was sitting by the fire, I called Lloyd. He made some comment about me calling frequently, and that must be because I had no friends to play with! It's okay, I have some sticks and matches, and he knows how I love to play with fire!


Well, time to put more sticks on the fire.

Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment