Thursday, April 1, 2010

Congratulations!


CONGRATULATIONS BRENDA !

One very important event that has not yet been mentioned this week is the fact that Brenda passed her bus drivers test. She is now a full fledged bus driver! Not that we ever had any doubt, but Brenda being Brenda, she didn't want to count on anything until it was actually finished. I wish I could be more like that - I tend to get my hopes up way too high and then sometimes I'm disappointed. Lloyd always tells me not to do that but I prefer to think of it as thinking positively.
Anyway, a big congrats to Brenda on a job well done.
We know it wasn't an easy task to be up and out of the house so early on those chilly mornings, and to have to do it four days in a row, was a challenge. I know it got easier for her as the weeks went on but I remember calling her the first Friday, after she had class Monday to Thursday and she said "I don't know how you people do this!" But she adapted, and made it through. I know that the tiring part was sitting and waiting for your turn to drive. Just driving around and around every day would be fatiguing. Just imagine how far you would have gotten had you been going in a straight line for those 4 weeks!

Yesterday I took myself off to the clinic to get my thumb looked at. Turns out it is indeed infected and it hasspread up my arm to my elbow. She told me if it gets any further to get myself into the hospital right away to emergency for a shot of antibiotic. But she gave me a prescription and I think it's working. My hand is a bit swollen this morning but the redness on my arm seems a little less vivid.

This is not my first experience like this. Many years ago, I was bitten on the hand by a cat and within hours my hand and arm were swollen and red. I got the same horse sized antibiotic pills that time too. So I know they work, it just takes a little time. I'm hoping my thumb won't be so sore on the weekend because the weather is supposed to be beautiful (okay maybe not as beautiful as southern Ontario) but it will be very nice, so I want to spend a lot of time outside, cleaning up the yard and just puttering about. I want to plant some flower beds this year so I will maybe figure out what I want to do there as well. There are all kinds of possibilities. I think I may also drag the BBQ over to my little patio area and pick up something to grill. Nothing tastes as good as the first BBQ of the season. Who knew it would be so early in the year?

I got a call from George Matheson yesterday. He and his wife have a booth at the farmer's market and he has some more lamb shanks for me. He told me he would call me when he has some before he sells them to anyone else. I think I'll cook some when Jana is here. I'd like to make her a nice dinner at some point, and really Sunday is the only day. We have Dave's party on Saturday night and Jesse Cook on Monday so Sunday would be the only day. We'll see how it goes when she gets here. I can't believe that's less than three weeks away. I remember buying the tickets in the fall and it seemed so far away.

Today is our monthly team meeting at work. I have the privilege of chairing the meeting this time. So I baked a coffee cake and brought it in with me. Everyone usually picks up a muffin on the way to the meeting but today we'll have something different. It feels a little like old times, carrying a cake to the office. Hard to believe it's almost a year since I last did that. It feels like a whole lifetime ago.

Have a great Easter Weekend everyone. (But you may hear from me over the weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment