Thursday, April 15, 2010

Somewhere in Europe..


....is where Lloyd should be by now. He was to leave on a direct flight from Toronto to Frankfurt yesterday afternoon. Patti was flying last night and she called me from the airport at around 9:00 to see if I'd heard from him. It seems she asked the gate agent when she got there to check to make sure he got on the flight (it's that stand by thing). Anyway, apparently he didn't get on that one. So she was kind of concerned about where he got to. Further questioning on her part revealed that the Frankfurt flight was full so they sent him to Montreal, and from there he had a seat to Frankfurt. So we're assuming he got to Europe okay. He spends most of the day there then catches a flight tonight (whenever that is over there) to take him to Johannesburg, where he's meeting up with Jan, aka 'Dusty' . I'm sure he'll get there one way or another.

I'm still struggling with my decision to go to Regina. I keep convincing myself I'm not going because it's too expensive, but then I go to a meeting and get all fired up about it and then I want to go again. It didn't help that yesterday I received an email from one of the girls in the Cambridge Chapter about a tree planting ceremony for our friend Angie, who died in October from breast cancer. I replied to all that I would be there in spirit. Of course then I get this flood of emails from everyone, "really looking forward to seeing you at CDC in Regina" - that just makes me want to go even more. I suppose now that my job has been extended till the middle of August, I can probably swing it. I just feel guilty about spending all that much money on a three day event. But then I think, this is MY trip to South Africa! I've just asked Tracey for the time off (2 days and that's not a problem) and depending on how much money we make at our Admin Day event, there may be a little assistance available there as well. So I guess I'm going to Regina!





No comments:

Post a Comment