Wednesday, August 18, 2010



Conditions at 7:00 am - 18* and sunny
Expected later - 26* and suny!

My kitchen island will soon be a reality. I went into Home Depot yesterday and changed my mind on what cupboards I wanted to get. I found out that the base cabinets I've ordered don't have drawers so instead I've changed one of the 30" bases to two 15 inch banks of drawers. That will give me much more functionality in that space. I'm really excited about them coming in next week. The best part is they come already assembled, so all Lloyd will have to do is put the counter top on when he gets here with it.

I talked to him yesterday and he and Jim are due to arrive Friday, September 3rd, after spending two nights on the road - the first with Stephan and Trish in Brockville and the second in Montreal. Then they will be leaving on Tuesday to go back home. I will be working at Honda on the Saturday but I'll be home the rest of the weekend and off on Monday. Right now I'm working on the list of food we'll have while they're here. I'm planning to make another batch of Brenda's bread this weekend but I'm going to bake it before I freeze it. My last batch was a bit of an experiment and it didn't work well, just freezing the dough. It doesn't seem to rise after it's been frozen, but I have no idea why, as I've bought frozen dough at the store and it works fine. Perhaps it's because it doesn't have all the chemicals that the store stuff does. Not to worry, the frozen dough works well for pizza dough, so it won't go to waste.
I was just looking at the Fall Flavours schedule and there's a Chef Michael signature event on the 3rd but I don't know if they'll get here in time. I'll have to find out - it's a lobster dinner that I'm sure they'd both enjoy. There's so much going on this year, it's hard to choose from them all.

I just checked my email this morning and there's a chance to work two shifts ( 12 to 4, and 4:30 to 8:30) at the liquor store in Stratford on Saturday. Chris apologied profusely for the short notice but the liquor store just contacted them with this opening. It's totally at the discretion of the PEI Liqour Commission. So I emailed him back and I'm waiting to hear if I get it or not.

Today, after work, I have an appointment at 5:00 to look inside the church. I called Moveall again yesterday, as I haven't heard back from them, and the lady I spoke with told me that yes, they have had a preliminary look and are still thinking about it. She says they'll get back to me with a price soon. It's the island way, just be patient! In the meantime, I can still fantasize.

No comments:

Post a Comment