Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Game 3 of the series, 15-14 final score


Conditions at 6:30 - 19* and clear
Expected later - 29* and sunny!


A big congratulations this morning to James, his baseball team and their coaches. ( I know Coach Greg really worked hard on this one).They were the league champions after winning the final game on the weekend. Seems they like to keep everyone on the edge of their seats with a final come from behind win. Great job guys! You can tell by the looks on their faces how very happy they are (click on the picture to enlarge).

Yesterday was day 3 at Honda and I was utterly exhausted when I got home from work last night. It was a very busy, very hot day and I spent most of it on the road. Lots of people getting their cars fixed, as well as various other trips out of the office made for a VERY busy day. But it did go by pretty fast. I even had a hard time to fit in my half hour lunch break, but I was starving so I made sure I did that. I guess that's one of the pluses about this job - I can't sit at my desk and eat all day like I did at UPEI. It would be pretty unprofessional to be sitting at my desk and answering the phone with my mouth full of food because you just KNOW every time you take a bite, the phone will ring. I've been very good about bringing my lunch everyday and then I try to eat a healthy supper when I get home. It's so easy to get lots of veggies in my diet, being able to stop at Goods and pick up something nice and fresh on my way home.

The job is tiring right now but I know I'll get used to it. I've met lots of interesting people and discovered lots of streets I hadn't been on before. If this Honda thing doesn't work out, I have a future as a cab driver, if nothing else. But I think it will be just fine. I'd much rather be busy than sitting around with not much to do.

The big news this week is the weather. High 20's and up to 30 all week, and of course a possible hurricane on the weekend. Or at least the tail end of one, may be headed our way by Sunday. Sorry Lloyd, but it looks like you're going to miss the best weather. Even Saturday is only supposed to be a high of 22 but that might be better if he wants to do any work outside.

MOUSE WARS DAY 2 - total to date: 3 - only one caught this morning but both traps were sprung. The peanut butter was licked clean off the trap with no mouse so that particular little rodent is either very clever or very very fast. We'll see what happens tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment