Thursday, August 5, 2010



Conditions at 7:00 am - 20* overcast and very humid
Expected Later - 26* and a mix of sun and cloud

Last night after supper (spaghetti and meatballs and caesar salad) Suzanne, Jacob and I picked Brenda up and we all headed into town to see the Sound and Light Show. I'd seen it twice last year and I wanted to share it with the others. I didn't know if it would be the same show as last year, but it was. But I still really enjoyed it and I'm really sorry we never got Patti and her gang out to see it. I know they would have really enjoyed it. Oh well, maybe next summer.

It's quite humid this morning and looks like it could rain. As long as it waits till I get the dog into the car and off to the boarding kennel. That red mud really does a number on your car seats!

My flight is leaving at noon today so Brandi is going to drive me to the airport. I had planned to take a direct, later flight but it now looks like I might not get on so I've switched my flight to one going through Ottawa (James' favorite city - home of the Senators!) It leaves earlier but gets me into Toronto at the same time (well, within 10 minutes) of my previous flight. I checked in on line yesterday and I have a seat already assigned from Ottawa to Toronto, so I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I get to Ottawa.

Suzanne and Jacob are leaving today to travel to Gaspe. That's one area I've never been to but I hear it's quite beautiful. It's unfortunate that the weather didn't cooperate for them here so there were no beach days. But the weather is supposed to get nicer on the weekend.

Well, I'm signing off now but will be in touch some time tomorrow. I'm taking breakfast to the office in the morning then lunch with Fran, so Friday's going to be a busy day!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun we will miss you here on the Island

    ReplyDelete