Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's almost the weekend, again!



Conditions at 7:00 am - sunny and 13*
Expected later - mix of sun and cloud and 21*


It's amazing how short the week is when you have Monday off! I can't believe it's Thursday already. But part of that is because I've been busy and it just keeps on going. Yesterday Brenda called to tell me she had acquired tickets to see "Sexy Laundry" at the Confed Centre for last night, and was I interested in going. We are both VERY flexible, and able to drop everything (well, most things) and go, so off we went. It was quite fun and we topped the evening off with coffee/tea and dessert at the Pilot House.

Tonight we're going to St. Peter's for "The Village Idiot", after we have supper at Rick's Fish and Chips in St. Peter's. And the fun just continues!



When we were first designing the house we were going to build, I wanted a large stove with two ovens. The only trouble is they cost an arm and two legs. On the weekend I had a brainwave. Why can't I just buy another one identical to the one I already have and put the two side by side? It would be the same effect. I'd have all the features of the double size without the price. The back panel might not be as high tech looking but it would totally work, especially in the stainless steel. Yesterday I called the folks who did the gas work on my stove to install it, and they said it would be no problem to run both off the same connection. Then it would truly be the kitchen of my dreams! I'd only lose one tiny cabinet and half of another one. Eventually the counter top will need replacing and at that time, we can slightly reconfigure the corner so it all fits snugly. I think it's a brilliant idea. The number of times I'm cooking more than one thing at a time and you need two different oven temperatures, would totally make it worth it (okay, in MY mind it would).

Yesterday morning I was sitting at my desk and the phone rang and it was a lady calling from the Superstore. She said she had some flowers to deliver and wanted to know what building to bring them to. I asked her who they were for and she said they were for me! I thought that was a little odd, but I told her where to bring them. A little while later, a lady arrived with a lovely basket with a fresh flower arrangement in it. There were roses, gerber daisy's and various other red and white flowers. They are beautiful. Turns out they were from Nancy. That was so totally not necessary, but what a lovely surprise.

Speaking of flowers, I stopped on my way to Brenda's last night and took some photos of her sunflowers. They are absolutely gorgeous right now. She says that someone stopped in and wanted to know if they could come there and take their wedding pictures. What a lovely and unusual background that will make.

Someone just came in to the coffee shop and reminded us that tonight around midnight there is going to be a meteor shower. One of the regular customers is apparently taking some sort of tour out on a boat to watch it. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay awake long enough but if it's a clear night, it should be spectacular out in the country. If it's not cloudy, I'll try my best to wait up.

No comments:

Post a Comment