Sunday, August 8, 2010

It's McCartney day!


It's finally here - McCartney day. The concert is this evening and we're going into Toronto a little earlier and getting dinner somewhere. Yesterday didn't quite go as planned but it was still a great day. We met the airport guys at 8:00 for breakfast then we went back to the airport with Jan to look at the photographic equipment. By the time we poked around there and the boys discussed more airplane 'stuff' it was a little too late to go to Niagara. We settled instead on going to IKEA as I haven't been in a while. Patti has a very nice wooden bench on her front porch that she got there and I wanted to find one for me. Unfortunately they didn't have any more. We toured the store and I think for the first time in my life, I didn't buy anything there. We were going to get meatballs for lunch but it was way too busy, so we left and found a little Lebanese restaurant down the street and had lunch there. We stopped into Canadian Tire on the way home in search of a canner and some jar lids. Apparently Lloyd and Jim's wife Patty, are going to be making tomato sauce, and canned tomatoes on Monday afternoon. He's becoming quite the little housewife!

After an afternoon nap, we headed over to Jim and Patty's for supper. Jan and his wife Cathy, also joined us. I hadn't met Cathy before and we had a lovely time. We had fresh corn on the cob and it seems especially sweet this year. We also had fresh green and yellow beans, BBQ steaks and tomato and spinach salad. Cathy had brought a raspberry custard pie to finish off our meal. When we finished eating, we sat around the fire outside and had a lovely time.

Now this morning, we are again going to meet up with the guys for breakfast and after that, we have no definite plans. We'll just see how the day unfolds.

Having a great time but also looking forward to going home.

I'll be leaving the house very early in the morning and I didn't bring my laptop with me, so tomorrows post will be sometime later in the day.

Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment