Friday, August 13, 2010

Finally, something full time.


Conditions at 7:00 - sunny and 12*
Expected later - sunny and 24* - and more of the same for the weekend!

Yesterday was a banner day for jobs! I was flipping through the paper yesterday when I came upon an ad for a downtown hotel that was looking for an Administrative Assistant, so just to cover all my bases, I emailed off a resume when I got to work.

I also went online and noticed that the Old Triangle is looking for 4 full time servers. I know the pay might not be so great but tips can really top that up, so I chatted with Sarah about that one, as she works there part time.

Later in the afternoon, I got the call from Capital Honda offering me the job there. I've still not heard yet from Invesco, but I think the Honda job is a better fit for me. It's longer hours than
Invesco but the same money in the end. So I was ever so happy to say yes. Then a few minutes later I got an email from the hotel I applied to in the morning:

"
Hi Sandy,
When is your term finished at UPEI? Are you interested in a full time year round line cook position?
Tanya"

Needless to say, I emailed back and told I'd already accepted an offer from somewhere else so please take me off the list, but thank you very much.

Finally things are starting to fall into place. It's been a little frustrating to apply for all kinds of jobs and not get an interview. Looks like things are okay now.

Rosie came in to congratulate me, after Tracey sent out an email to the department (she already knew about it, as they had called for a reference). Apparently Rosie has a new Honda so I told her I'd be the one greeting her when she comes in and the one driving her to work. She said oh, you've got the owners's daughters job. She knows the family quite well and and says they're really nice. The daughter is going back to university, so that's my good fortune.

Last night Brenda and I went up to St. Peter's to the Courthouse Theatre to see The Village Idiot. It was quite good, and what a cute little venue. I think it holds about 80 people and they were turning people away at the door as they were full. We thought we'd gotten there a bit too early, but in the end it turned out to be a good decision. We had supper at Rick's and Brenda's cousin and his family arrived for supper as well. Popular place, Rick's.

After the play, we came back to my house and sat outside wrapped in blankets and had tea and watched for meteors. It was quite chilly but the sky was wonderfully clear. We saw some, but I hear on the radio this morning that tonight will be better. so I may have to stay up late again tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment