Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A beautiful morning


Conditions at 5:15 am:  clear, starry skies and -18'
Expected later: -12' and mix of sun and cloud with maybe a few flurries

This morning I  let the dog out at 5:00 and the sky is clear and the stars are brilliant. The wind has died down so in spite of the fact it's cold, it's a lovely morning.  The good news is it's meant to warm up to -3' later in the week with 20 cm of snow. We need that to cover the ice so we can get out and ski.

My trip to Toronto is starting to shape up. I heard from Jana this morning and they are available to do sushi on the Friday night that I arrive. They are just back from Whistler, where they spent Jana's birthday, but will be home on the 4th.  I received an email yesterday from Cathy and she is going to Calgary on the 5th but will be back the following Thursday so we are scheduled to do lunch on the Friday. I have the IAAP meeting on the Tuesday night so things are falling in to place. I'll send out some emails today and try to schedule a couple of other lunches while I'm there and my itinerary will be partially complete. All I have to do now is get a schedule from Patti of what the kids are doing in the evenings and we'll be all set. 

I'll only be home for four days before the curling ladies arrive, so I'm trying to get a few things done before I go in preparation for that event.  Then Lloyd will be here in April, the IAAP girls in May and by then summer will be here again!  It's going to be a busy few months but the time will go fast and before we know it, winter will be over.  Hard to believe we're already almost at the end of January!

I received a call from Bernie yesterday giving me the product number for Brenda's boots. I searched everywhere on the L.L. Bean site and I could not find those boots but with the right information it was easy. Here's a picture of them. They are great boots but my only concern is the calf size. I've always had trouble getting boots to fit that way but there are other styles on the site that may work better for me.  I'll have to check it out more carefully when I have more time.Unfortunately the photo didn't copy well and it' really small. But trust me, they are really great boots!

Well, it's Tuesday, so hopefully the ladies will be over tonight to do some scrapbooking. Well work on learning how to use the cutters tonight and we'll also go through paper to see what I have that might be of use to them. It will give us a place to start and then we'll go from there. We saw a great pad of paper at Michaels on Sunday that was Far East themed, which will be great for Caitlin's book but in our hurry to get to the movies, we didn't have time to go through the cash. But that's okay, it will be there next time one of us is in the store. I have to say I'm going to enjoy these evenings. It's just what I needed to get myself jump started to start working on my unfinished pages. I still have some from the ice hotel to do, not to mention not having started Tucson. But at least I have the photo's printed for the Arizona trip so that's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment