Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's a chilly one this morning but will get better


Conditions at 5:30 am - a few stars and -14'
Expected later - -5 during the day and then warming up to  -1 over night

What strange weather we're having. Tomorrow is supposed to rain and be plus 5'. I hope it doesn't mess up the ski trails too badly. A lot of rain on top of the snow followed by freezing temperatures will make for some pretty slippery slopes! But then there is a rumour we might get more snow later in the week so who knows. Yesterday the sun came out and while it was a bit cool, the sun was a welcome treat.

I talked to Lloyd in the morning and he was going to be watching the kids for a little while last night. When I called him at supper time, the kids had been fed and were outside at his place playing in the snow. They came in and I had a lovely chat with each of them. James was especially chatty, which is unusual for him on the phone. Patti called from Halifax but unfortunately I missed her call. But at least I was able to report to the kids that she was on her way home.

My weaving books arrived in the mail yesterday. I haven't had a chance to look at them but the one appears like it will be a great resource.  I have to admit I just vegged last night. I had planned to do some sewing but ended up doing absolutely nothing.  I was having a bad day yesterday for absolutely no apparent reason. I was cranky all day and had a bit of a headache and just didn't want to be at work. Today will be better I hope. I talked to Brenda last night and she has come down with a cold so I shouldn't complain. She thought she felt it coming on when we were at curling on Sunday night. Hopefully she'll feel better in a few days and we can go and see "The King's Speech". I did watch the Golden Globes last night (that I had taped on Sunday) and it did very well.

Yesterday was an odd day in town. I was just coming out of a body shop on Eden street, which runs behind the city police department, when a cruiser came flying out and I had to quickly move out of the way. He was closely followed by two unmarked cars with flashing lights activated so I thought, well, somethings up. Then a couple of minutes later I was traveling north on North River Road when an ambulance came racing in the other direction. I thought maybe an accident of some sort had occurred.  A short time later the radio station had someone on the scene (literally 10 minutes) of a shooting. Here in Charlottetown! Can you believe it?  Needless to say, that was the talk of the town for the rest of the day, and of course, everyone knew about it.

Well, it's a slow news day and it's now 6:00 so I'd better get going.
I received this via email from a couple of sources:






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment