Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tristen's Knight in Shining Armour


Conditions at 5:15 am - a light dusting of new snow, clear starry skies and -11' (but no wind!)
Expected later - mix of sun and cloud, maybe some flurries and -6' - but lots of snow coming tomorrow!

Tristen need never worry - his Papa will always look out for him. It seems Lloyd had a dream on Monday night that someone was hurting Tristen. So Papa came to the rescue and hauled off and punched the person really good. Did I mention that this was a dream?  Needless to say, the winner of the fight was the bed post that was hit really, really hard. When he suddenly woke up, it was to find a very swollen and painful left hand. Fortunately nothing is broken but apparently it's VERY badly bruised, and will take 7 to 10 days before it starts to heal.  Good one Papa!  All I can say is, I'm really glad I wasn't sleeping next to him. But it was his left hand so I would have been spared as I usually sleep on his left side, so it would have went in the other direction.  I can't imagine the reactions he got at work as he tried to explain his injury!

Brenda and Caitlin came over last night and did a little bit of practice with the cutters. The.cutters take a few times to get the hang of them. They have their pictures and spent a bit of time sorting them all out so now they know what direction they are taking. They are going to get some paper this week that will coordinate with the photos and they will be good to go. We'll put together a couple of pages next Tuesday and then the two of them will be off and running. I'll leave them some of my tools while I'm away so they can keep working. They went home with some books to look through  to get some ideas but they are both pretty creative girls and they'll do just fine. Right now it seems a bit intimidating but once they get started they'll do great. It's the getting started that is the trouble sometimes. Once you get going, it just kind of flows, and the pictures themselves will often dictate what kind of layout it will be.

Well, I'd better cut it short this morning. It's recycling day and I still have all the packaging from Christmas gifts hanging around, so my  pile for today's pickup is quite large and will require several trips to the end of the lane. I really don't want to miss it this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment