Wednesday, January 12, 2011

God bless my internal alarm clock


Conditions at 5:00 am - overcast and -2'
Expected later - 0' and snow later in the day

I woke up this morning to see the numbers flashing on my alarm clock. It appears the power went off sometime during the night and I had absolutely no idea what time it was. So I got up and went downstairs to look at the battery operated clock on the wall and it was 4:55. My alarm is set to go off at 5:00. Fortunately I didn't sleep in.

In spite of her smart reply yesterday, Brenda was intrigued enough to come over after supper and help unload the loom.  It was in pieces when I arrived after work to pick it up. There are some generic diagrams printed off the internet but nothing really
concrete on how to put it together. But we did manage to get the basic assembly done but we still have a lot of pieces left over and at least one that we know should have gone on first before it was all assembled. But the bare bones of the structure are together. We had fun assembling the puzzle because that's what it resembled. I'm hopeful that when the book arrives it may be a little more helpful. Brenda also has the name of someone who lives in Dromore that she knows weaves so I will try to get in touch with her as well for advise.

I had mentioned that the lady I  bought it from works at Avonlea Village, and when I was leaving she gave me a family day pass for Avonlea for the kids to use this summer. I'll have to go with them this time as I've never been.

Yesterday morning Lloyd sent me an email that he received from someone at work. It seems his boeuf bourguignon was such a hit at the company pot luck that they want to print the recipe in the employee newsletter. So I had to call and give him congrats on being a published cookbook author (sort of). He was quite tickled at that. After reading my post yesterday, he was thinking. He thought that since he's going to be building a garage in the future anyway, why not make it a story and a half tall and put in a craft studio on the second floor for me and my "stuff". Personally I think he just wants to get me and said stuff out of the house, as we have tended to take over! But I thought it was a wonderful idea. I am SO spoiled (I think I've mentioned that before). I could put all my crafty stuff up there and have my own little area. It will be big enough that I could have a friend or two over to play as well. How great will that be! But I know that's a little ways down the road.  In the mean time I have to figure out how to get this loom put together and how to use it. It's going to be a long learning curve, I think! But a fun one.

When Brenda arrived last night we decided to do Friday Feast this week as our curling has been moved to Sunday for this week only. But instead we will do it on Saturday. She has some lamb we want to use up so I'm going to have to give it some thought and do some research today on lamb recipes.

She also wants to do a scrapbook of Bernie and Caitlin's trip to New Zealand. SO we have designated Tuesday nights as our Scrap book night. She will come over and we'll work together on hers and when she gets a little more comfortable with it, then I can work on mine at the same time. It's always much more fun to scrap book with someone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment