Thursday, January 13, 2011

I think it might be a snow day for me


Conditions at 5:30 am - LOTS of snow with more expected.(okay we got 18 cm but it looks like a lot more) The temperature is 0' and we're headed for +1'
Expected later - another 10 cm of snow is expected between this morning and tonight

Last night looked like a blizzard when you were outside. You could see the shed and the trees but everything was just snow. It's been a while since I saw such snow. But we've been extremely lucky so far this winter, and it had to come sooner or later. It's too early for the list of cancellations to be posted yet on the radio but I will be very surprised if there's school today. I can tell right now that I won't get out of the driveway until the snow is blown and I doubt the road has yet been plowed. I know that Honda doesn't declare snow days and everyone is expected to get to work, but I don't think it's work the risk. It's not like there aren't people there who can do my job if I'm not there. I'll wait till 6:00 and see what they say on the radio (there's no live people on the air till then!)


Our grand dog (Meadow) is growing in leaps and bounds. She has lost that little puppy look. But what I'm most impressed with is the photo of her that Meghan took. Nice job, Meghan!  It's a great picture. We may have a budding photographer on our hands.I've not actually met Meadow yet but I know we'll be spending lots of time together when I'm there in February.

 I was chatting with Bernie on the phone yesterday and he asked me what on earth I've done to his wife. I asked what he meant. He replied "Running around the country, putting looms together. I haven't seen her this excited about something in a long time". I think it's going to be a lot of fun for the two of us to figure out how to make this thing work (or extremely frustrating, who knows!) It's too bad I don't have the book yet to help with it since I may be home all day. But I suppose I could use the day to get my guest bedroom ready for my guests in February. I will only have a few day between the time I get back and they arrive so it's better if I can get most things done now. I know they will have great expectations!

Well, it's now 6:00 and the buses haven't been canceled yet - they've just delayed the the schools opening one hour. So maybe it's not so bad out there. But regardless, I don't think I can get out of the driveway until it gets blown out so I'm not rushing anywhere anytime soon. For Brenda's sake I hope they cancel the buses. It's still early so that may still happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment