Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jan 4-The new year is off to a booming start


Conditions at 5:30 am - light snow falling and -6'
Expected later - mix of sun and cloud and-5'

The view from my living room window on Monday afternoon
It was a beautiful sight yesterday to watch the snow softly falling all day. Well actually,  not ALL day, it ended around 3:00. It was lovely to look at but I was ever so grateful to have the day off. Then last night the wind picked up and I could hear it howling all night long, but this morning when I let the dog out it doesn't look too bad. I think the snow had just enough moisture in it that it didn't drift too badly. Mind you, that's my back yard. The roads might be a different story. A quick look ahead and it appears we are being forecast another 15 cm on Friday so it should make for an interesting week. But on the up side, maybe we'll be able to get out and do some skiing this weekend..

For some unknown reason, I don't have any satellite reception on my TV. As a result I got lots of things done yesterday. My main accomplishment was putting away all the Christmas stuff and cleaning out my craft room. It is now actually usable for it's intended purpose again. It took most of the day but it's now done. I think Brenda might have a plan to do a scrapbook as I know she bought one before Christmas. That might be a great way to spend our winter evenings instead of parked in front of the TV. I have space for two people to work at the same time and we could leave everything out and just pick it up when we have the time. Even if we just did a couple of hours a couple of nights a week, it would get done in no time. I'll have to talk to her about it when she gets back. I thought they might have come back yesterday but I suspect the weather may have factored into that decision. Today should be a better day for traveling.

I received an email message on Sunday night from an old friend - it simply said "I'd love to talk. Can you send me your phone number" and it was signed "Me"
So I called "Me" up and I said  "Okay, what the ---- do you want to talk about, ?"  It was my great friend, Doug, of course. We haven't spoken in a while and it was really nice to hear from him. We chatted for quite some time and got caught up on life.  He's not really enjoying the rain out in BC - it seems it has done nothing but rain for the past two months in his area. He says they've maybe had 4 or 5 days without rain in all that time. I don't think I could cope with that much rain. I know we get rainy stretches here, but certainly nothing like that. I'll gladly take the snow any day.  But it was nice to catch up.

While I was cleaning out my spare room I came across my Abby Road coffee mug,  Unfortunately I broke the handle off of it some time ago. So I emailed Patti and suggested that I would gladly pay for a new one should one appear. (She had called me on Sunday night and left a message to let me know that she was on her way to London, England and would be away until Tuesday) I don't know if she got the message or not but it's okay because I think she has 3 flights to London this month. Hopefully they won't have any more of the weather they had before Christmas.

Well, I'd better get going and see how much trouble it might be to get out of my driveway this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment