Friday, January 7, 2011

Jan 7 - Happy (belated) Birthday Caitlin



Conditions at 5:30 am - clear skies with lots of stars and -8'
Expected later - flurries with a total of 5 cm expected by tonight

The weather prediction for today has been all over the map for the past few days.  The weather network was predicting lots of snow and the radio was saying just flurries so we'll just have to see. The story changes every day. But Mother Nature will do what she pleases so we may as well just sit tight and see what that is.


A belated Happy Birthday to Caitlin VanGaal. I didn't actually know when her birthday was so now I can put it on my list. Brenda told me she had a really nice friend visiting from Ireland and they were out enjoying the snow earlier in the week. She left a few days ago to tour around but will be back on the island for the weekend. I know that Brenda really enjoyed listening to her stories about Ireland and I think that's where we should go - perhaps next year. It makes perfect sense. We've been trying to think of a place to go where we could use a week of our time share. We both love Maeve Binchy's books and I know I would love to explore that part of the world. I also know that Brenda has some Irish heritage so how perfect would that be?  We'll have to do some planning over  the winter for next year.



 What a surprise to open up yesterday's post and find an invitation from one of the gals at UPEI to attend a Lebanese New Years dinner at the Delta on Saturday night. That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to call Sharon this morning and let her know I'd love to come. ( I had no idea she has found my blog and was a reader!)


Of onto another tangent (I tend to do that a lot sometimes!). I received an email this morning from Patti with a photo of James at the Hard Rock Cafe in Ottawa. I would have loved to be there with him to explore all the artifacts. It's a bit grainy since it was probably taken with a phone, but it's a picture I know he will cherish. He's a big fan of Queen so to see one of their guitars must have been a real treat for him.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the birthday wishes! You and mom should go to Ireland!!!You would both have a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete