Thursday, January 27, 2011

So far so good


Conditions at :15 am - 0' and snow hasn't really started falling yet
Expected later - up to 20 to 30 cm of snow by overnight tonight

The snow was expected to start around 3:00 am but so far nothing. If the buses aren't canceled today I know a lot of kids (and bus drives) will be very disappointed! We'll have to wait and see what the next couple of hours brings. I have seen it change quite dramatically in a short time here.

Last night I took a bunch of scrapbooking tools over to Brenda's. It only makes sense for everything to be over at her house. Then if she and Caitlin have a day with nothing to do, they can play. I'm going to be away and then the curling ladies will be here so realistically, I'm not going to be using any of it any time soon. Besides I'll still go over to her house on Tuesday nights and keep them on track!

I talked to Lloyd yesterday morning and his hand is not quite so painful but apparently it's going to look awful for qute a while. I asked what the reaction of the hospital staff was when he told them what happened. He said they were very professional but he could see a laugh just below the surface trying to force it's way out.

I got a lovely letter in the mail yesterday from my friend Nancy in Rockwood Ontario. She gave me her days off and it looks like we'll be able to get together on the Wednesday that I'm there as she is off. Her daughter has applied for a job at the Black Shop restaurant in Cambridge and if she gets it, we will likely go there for lunch. I was there a couple of times, years ago, and it was quite lovely.

Did you see that video of the woman in the USA who walked into a bench and tumbled head first into a huge fountain in a shopping mall? She was texting while she was walking and didn't see it. Now she says she is going to sue the mall. Incredible! Click on the link below




No comments:

Post a Comment