Monday, January 3, 2011

Jan 3/11 -I knew it was coming


Conditions at 7:00 -light drizzle and 0'
Expected later - 10 - 15 cm of snow and minus 2'

On Friday morning, I checked the weather network and it advised we were getting lots of snow on Monday. But when I was driving the work, and around town throughout the day, the radio forecast plus 4' and rain, so I wasn't sure who to believe. I was really rooting for the milder weather but alas, that is not to be the case. We are now going to get the snow they were talking about. But then again, perhaps we might be able to get out with our skis sooner rather than later.

The Van Gaal's and the Hugh's came over on Friday night for dinner and by all accounts it was a success (well maybe not so much for Brenda). Lloyd did an amazing job on the steaks and every one's was done to perfection. Unfortunately we gave Brenda a little too much wine before filling her stomach and she wasn't feeling so great and she missed the creme brule for dessert. But fortunately she felt better in the morning.
Lloyd and Meghan got away around noon, and Lloyd phoned at 7:30 our time (6:30 their time) to let me know they had arrived in Toronto around 6:00 am on Sunday morning. He was at a Tim Horton's waiting for Jim to pick him up. There was  a little confusion about the scheduled time to be picked up but in the end it all worked out! So it sounds like they had an uneventful trip - the best kind to have.

I've been having some problems with my colour printer recently so I took it into town yesterday after finding the necessary documentation for the extended warranty. Unfortunately I needed a case number from the warranty department (that requires a phone call to somewhere that was closed yesterday). So I could take it today but I don't think so - not in a snow storm. That can wait until tomorrow.

This will be the fifth Monday in a row that we've had a storm.  I think I mentioned earlier that we should just cancel Mondays and make them part of the weekend.  When I was driving around on Thursday and Friday, the sun was shining and with the snow, you just wanted it to stay so we could get out and ski. I was looking at the calendar the other day and between trips away, and coming from away, out of 12 weekends, we are going to lose at least 7 of them. So our skiing this year might just be like our kayaking was this past summer - pretty sparse. But as Brenda pointed out, the first summer I was working at the golf course and I had days off during the week and that made a difference, but then I worked most weekends so I suppose it all balanced out.  Hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate on those days we do have available.

Last night I was invited to an annual gathering at Marlene and Raymond's. They do this every year and it was quite a lovely evening. Lot so food, good company and lots of conversation. A good time for sure.

Yesterday while I was in town, I stopped by the Bulk Barn and picked up spices to replenish my collection. Then I spent late last night and early this morning reorganizing them. They are now all divided into even rows and in alphabetical order. My spice drawer is now truly a thing of beauty (not to mention functional). There were several that I was out of but it's much better now. I really should have done that job before Lloyd got here for Christmas but unfortunately I didn't have time. Today I plan to organize and put the Christmas stuff away in the closet it goes into, and re-organize my craft room. It's not been used in a while and has become somewhat of a dumping ground. So today is the day it returns to it's former place as a fully functioning space

Lloyd sent me this link and all I can say is, he has a lot of nerve - and he knows why!

YouTube - A GIGGLE with the GOATS Jingle Bells Holiday Performance

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sandy! Glad to hear that Lloyd got home ok. I hope he didn't have to wait too long for his ride, I felt bad that we got there a little early and he would have to wait. I'm sure he was happy to finally get some rest when he got home.

    Thanks for the great New Year's dinner!!
    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to worry - Jim was a little late but he got there. I'm so glad you guys had a good trip - it can be tricky this time of year. Just look at today, I snowed heavily all day but there was no wind so it was quite beautiful to look at but now the wind is picking up and it could be messy by morning.
    We are so glad that you could make it new years eve. We enjoyed having your company.

    ReplyDelete